1) Laying dormant for 12 years, ready to explode
2) Windows 8 revolutionizes/hybridizes PC to touchpads
3) W8 sold 60 million copies in 10 weeks and counting. Priced at $69-99.00/copy, upgrades from other windows $39.99/copy. You do the math and estimates.
4) Surface (the first ever hybrid full functioning laptop and touchpad) and it only gets beter with next model the Surface Pro expected to be released in Jan 2013.
5) Trading just a buck from year's lowest, P/E ratio in low teens.
6) Windows phones are picking up steam (Nok lumnia and HTC) giving iphones and Sungsung's real competition.
7) Aapl is losing it's edge and funds are being transfered to msft
8) Most insititutional price targets are $31-35, BofA prices at $33; these guys almost never fail their price target.
9) The largest software company in the world, continual stream of income. Very low risk.
10) Needs Mobile internet access to become world dominance in tech: Surface with W8, allows a fully functional PC/laptop capability and touchscreen, With mobile internet access, you would have a machine that does everything: work, play, internet acess, mobile, print, and even phone.
wouldn't quite agree with number 1 or 9. Stagnant isn't good and largest is always best. Look at APPL.
Would add. 1. Microsoft is number one in Server software and number one in Office productivity software. They dominate those categories. 2. Growing SAAS presence. 3. Microsoft getting their software into Set top boxes for TV this is a potentially big growth area. 4. Nice dividend allows you to be payed to wait. 5 Extremely good balance sheet with AAA rating and lots of cash.
agree! stagnant is never good but to maintain king of softwares for over a decade deserves some praise, and now turning the tides on competitors and taking away their pies. Msft is going hardware, mobile, and search engine!!!! They control most PC's on the planet and now strategically going mobile and hardware, I am surprised the anti trust committee hasn't stepped in-- ONE device like surface will do all (toss away your old laptop, throw away you ipad, and give yourself an internet access everywhere you have your laptop).
Reasons not to buy MSFT:
1) Lying dormant for 12 years
2) Windows 8
3) sold 60 million licenses to OEMs, no other data given out
5) Stock trending down
6) Windows phones selling poorly
8) institutional owners weigh on price
9) lumbering bureaucracy
10) losing out in mobile
you sound like a call options writer, afraid you sell low and having to pay back high? LOL You'd better start bidding for them now because on 24th, you will be buying them back really high.
11) Bing, almost completely forgot. Joint venture with FB exposes Bing to much publicity and incomes. If anyone has ever used Bing, you would realize it has more contents than Google. Its ONLY downside is lack in popularity-- it's difficult to compete with Google search egnine that has become a "verb" in our culture, but FB exposure may just do it for msft in this arena. Even if I wanted to use Bing, I still accidently type Google in the address bar--- old habit is hard to break.