On ZDNet now...
Love it: w8 is a giant flop......
Summary: The numbers are in and they don't lie. Windows 8 market adoption numbers are well behind Microsoft's greatest previous operating system failure, Vista.
Windows 8's failure is actually greater than it appears. The tablet and phone markets in 2007 were next to non-existent. Now, in a market where NPD expects tablets to out sell notebooks by year's end, neither Windows 8 nor its cousins Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 even appear on NetApplication's mobile and tablet reports for February 2013. How bad is that? Android 1.6, with is tiny 0.02% of the market, does make the list.
I predicted that Windows 8 would be dead on arrival last year, but it's flopping even more than I thought it would be. So, why has Windows 8 been such a failure? Here's my list:
1. Metro, aka Modern: An ugly, useless interface.
2. Windows 8 brought nothing innovative to the desktop.
3. Developers hate it.
4. Legacy Windows 7 users aren't moving.
5. Tablet, smartphone, and desktop competition.
Sentiment: Strong Sell
Phands did you beat the rap when you got busted in the Disney world bathroom during gay week? Those damn undercover cops huh phands. Phands is the board jerk on the Nokia board. He is also constantly getting busted in men's bathrooms. He gets out and starts posting rants and raves ignore him. They will probably bust him again tonight. Window Phone live tiles phands it's over. It's over Phands time to go back to brag. Game Changer Phandy. Go back to your night job of S in D in the mens room. Leave this board alone you Bafoon.
five reasons why Windows 8 is a great success
1. Metro, aka Modern: A beautiful useful interface.
2. Windows 8 brought many things innovative to the desktop.
3. Developers love it.
4. Legacy Windows 7 users aren't moving but only because they have just converted to 7 and need to catch their breath.
5. Tablet, smartphone, and desktop colaboration with the OS.
so you see phands- once again you are proved dumber than the village idiot and you need to stick to the things you excel at like swallowing
It's understandable a company could misjudge the market and make a mistake, OK several. Problem is the feedback has been continuous and clear about Windows 8 faults since launch which Microsoft continues to ignore. At some point an error in judgment turns into plain arrogance.
Five reasons why PHANDS has failed.
1. phands was born out of wed lock by daddy & sister.
2. phands can not find shoes to fit his webbed feet.
3. phands sucks his thumb while blabbering why am I here.
4. phands can not get a job because of severe skin pigmentation.
5. phands is considered weird BY dressing in clothing of the opposite sex.