DRAM is a compelling value at today's prices...why??
1) DRAM’s fundamentals and the price that can support have increased exponentially within the last three months (see reasons below)
2) Dataram Corp. (NASDAQ:DRAM) is trading at 60c/share pre recent 6/1 reverse split. This is 1/10 of the 2010 share price.
3) DRAM is trading at 0.2 current and 0.1 projected X sales vs. 1.5 sector average
4) Current market cap: $7 million
5) Revenues: Current/Forecast 12-month: : $30M & $50 M++
6) Forward 12-month net income: $1/share
Reasons for recent improvement in fundamentals:
1. DRAM/memory prices have increased almost 70% this year according to the DRAM Index (DXI – do web search for dram exchange for DXI chart).
2. Rich AMD manufacturing deal (announced by both companies in May 2013) calls for: A) DRAM to manufacture AMD’s Gamer Series memory modules for gaming enthusiast currently selling at $155 at Newegg, and B) AMD to use DRAM’s RAMDisk software technology in all its Radeon and Gamer Series product lines.
DRAM’s CEO John Freeman stated the following during the last earnings report for the quarter ending 1/31/2013 (before memory prices literally exploded upwards and before the AMD deals were inked): “The economy and especially the semiconductor industry continued to be soft during most of the Company’s third quarter, due to oversupply of raw materials and reduced customer infrastructure investment. Since the close of our third quarter on January 31, 2013 we have seen an increase in pricing which can positively impact our memory business for the balance of the fiscal year and beyond.”
Mr. Freeman concluded, “In addition to a healthier semiconductor industry, we continue to develop and expand our relationship with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., which together with our RAMDisk agreement and other new opportunities we are currently pursuing should provide new sources of revenue, profit and growth for Dataram in 2013 and beyond.”
Don't missed the boat. DRAM is starting to warm up ahead on earnings in less than 2 weeks. Guidance will be very strong with even higher memory prices and new revenues and net income form the new AMD manufacturing contract.
Don't forget to thank me later
In mid May 2013 AMD and Dataram Corp. (NASDAQ: DRAM) separately announced their deal with each other for DRAM to manufacture the new super fast AMD Radeon Gamer Series RG2133 memory modules for the fast growing global gaming business. Additionally, AMD is using DRAM's RAMDisk technology to drive all of its Radeon products.
Even without this huge AMD deal, DRAM was on the verge of returning to profitability because of improving fundamentals in the memory industry (DRAM's bread and butter up to now). Since the end of last quarter ended January 31, 2013, memory prices have jumped an additional 50%. Together with improving memory bsuiness and the new AMD windfall which started in May 2013, DRAM is poised to explode because it's current market cap is only $7 million and it's trading below 0.2 X sales compared to a 1.5 sector average.
Here are a couple of customer reviews of the DRAM-manufactured RG2133 memory modules (Newegg website):
Customer Reviews of the AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) – Newegg @ $154
A - 5 Star Review
Pros: fast and reliable top of the line ram. Thinking of getting more for the second PC i'm building.
Other Thoughts: Really fast. A definite increase in browser speed and minuscule fps gain. If you're in the department for some new ram, this AMD ram takes the cake IMO
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
B - 5 Star Review
Great Memory from AMD
Pros: AMP support for AMD systems.Low profile head spreader and legit design, detected running at 30C in my case. Memory testing yields 100% solid performance, no errors in 2133 with advertised timings.
Cons: Expensive? You can find significantly cheaper but I'm a sucker for AMD products
NOTE... DRAM was $30+ two years ago with less earnings potential and diversification
Record 4Q and FY earnings will be reported in 2 weeks and will not include revenues from the AMD deals which were announced after the fiscal year was over. This should tell you that subsequent quarters will be even stronger and more profitable. Since they will report the 4th quarter and FY earnings this time, the next quarter earnings release will come out only 6 weeks after the 4Q results are announced.