Fri, Aug 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

PharmAthene, Inc. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • holywallst holywallst Sep 23, 2011 8:04 PM Flag

    You Longs are no match for us SHORTS

    You are welcome Boogeyman.
    Its not all instincts though my friend

    This morning, I tweaked my trading filters to find best shorting candidates, and all 3 of my diff SHORT filters started showing PIP as a shorting candidate. Then as it went higher after open, the short filters turned to SCREAMING SHORT filters, based on parameters such as VWAP, MACD, etc...

    Well rest is history. I knew for a fact that this was a head fake gap up looking at how grossly high this was from the VWAP itself.

    Funny thing is at $2.17 today, PIP showed up on my COVER/STRONG BUY filters and so I covered 80% of my short at $2.17. I wasnt gonna disclose that but since you appreciated my skills, I thought I would let you know.

    Now I do believe this will seriously bounce on Monday. Cant say after that. Same thing happened with CIGX and PRMW. I was there until the bottom and suddenly I vanished from the boards, as I had covered at the bottom and I knew both would rocket up. Someone asked me "well if you were so sure CIGX would bottom at high $1s and then go to $3s, why didnt you buy it at $1.80 or so? Well, if you knew PRMW would bounce from $3.80s to low $7s, why were you posting negative stuff at $3.80s and NOT buying at $3.80s"???

    Answer is twofold:

    1. Just because I am posting negative stuff at the bottom does NOT mean I am shorting at the bottom. I am trying to cover at the lowest possible price.

    2. I dont buy stocks no matter how much money is to be made. That is just a cardinal rule I dont break. I would rather make 10 cents profit shorting than make $10 buying a stock. Some things are more imp than money. Its the principle for me

    My filters did say a STRONG BUY at $2.17 just before close, like you are crazy not to cover and this may not go lower on Monday BUY. Yet, I only covered 80% of my position, and 1 part of me still wants to defy logic and wants it to go lower. Even if this goes to $2.70 and I cover my remaining 20% there, I am not losing anything. Remember I shorted in the low $3s. But since you appreciated me, I will separate my BS from the truth. Truth is this has bottomed. This may do a PRMW or CIGX and double easily from here. At low $2s all my STRONG BUY filters lit up like Disneyworld fireworks but you know me, I aint BUYING...just my principles wont let me.

 
PIP
2.29+0.10(+4.57%)Aug 29 4:02 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.