I've been long VRNG for a long time. After watching PRKR today, I am starting to lose faith. I may be wrong, but my sentiment for today is: Thanks, but no thanks. I am out!
Sentiment: Strong Sell
As much as I want to say "I told you so" I am sorry for the LONG VRNG investors if you were hit with today's court ruling without being prepared with a Stop Loss in place. I personally changed my stance on the stock back in June to Strong Sell due to the stock's, AND management's, lack of performance, and after watching other, similar stock get hit with a surprise ruling. Some board posters dismissed my post with a few thumbs down. Well, live and learn. It is a risk-taking process and there is no sure way of knowing in which direction a stock is going until the end of the day. I hope management has something positive in store with the ongoing litigation for those who kept their faith. For now, I personally am going to watch from the sidelines - looking forward to seeing management's reaction and how the Board of Directors plans on mitigating the damages.
1) a Stop loss would not have worked here... too much velocity
2) Shorts got lucky... this too will be reviewed and overturned. VRNG Patent Legal is best in class, this verdict is too simplistic and undoes the work of several other Courts with little to no proof.
3) Many retail investors got dumped today... and this is what is wrong. Those who had shares on Margin, were too involved got stung and I feel for you. I have done that myself.
4) Nothing is for sure, the Truth will come out in time, and greed kills. If you were able to hold to your shares today, I will say you will be fine.
5) People that think they are Winners on a one day event.... do NOT understand Life or the Stock Market. VRNG will come out on top... Ask yourself... 30MM Shares today... who was buying? Not just Shorts... Don't be surprised if Big Investors got in today.
NFLX... not the same concern.. I appreciate that BUT panic was created... many sold. Those who held made back their losses and much more.
Losing is 7 times the emotion of Winning... many sold to avoid this.... patience will deliver you profits.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
and vringo has at least two big eggs not just one. I got out of PRKR in favor of VRNG and SPEX months ago because PRKR really only had QUALCOMM and PRKR didn't yet have a win there. Now vringo has ZTE around the world and they have won against Google, as we await the google appeal results and ZTE squeeze here. So go figure.
Sentiment: Strong Buy