SAP-Approved Cloud Computing "smartOCI" Potential Customers Over 20K SAP Users....Will IPO
smartOCI will be Game Changer for NTWK according to the CC and comments made at yesterday's annual meeting in New York
-Shaz Kahn, who is the Senior VP for Technology is driving SmartOCI.
- Projected revenues from smartOCI could overwhelm the company.....in other words, a major game-changer....potentially thousands of potential customers who now use SAP as their main enterprise software system
- NTWK execs mentioned the possibility of "spinning off" Smart OCI.
- They see it being set up initially as a subsidiary, like Thailand or China.
- Then in a couple of years, maybe an IPO, maybe.
- NTWK will be able to introduce new products and services to companies using smartOCI
- Shaz told me that they are very close to closing the first group of orders for SmartOCI
- Company searching for more appropiate name - maybe cloud catalogs or shopping in the cloud or something along those lines.
"But apparently the business is going to be that good. It's not that it costs a lot, but it will be a subscription, and they see potential for thousands of them. Further, SAP's customers are coming to them since SAP doesn't have anything like it. When I had my company we did SAP implementations and we built an interface to vendors who supplied our client so they could get their catalogs on our client's web sites for procurement. But this would be more like Amazon for business, where you can buy anything, from anyone."