ATL & others, anything interesting happening?
Coming back to board after a long stint with MNKD. Holding around $100k worth of ALXA..
Is it a good time to double down on ALXA.. Need nice feedback here folks :)
The only recent news I've seen is the fact that Teva has started the clinical trials to test the safety & efficacy of ADASUVE treating adolescents children between the ages of 10 to 17. Also, Alexza has started the same clinical trials in the EU. If the trials are successful, and if the safety & efficacy data supports it, the ADASUVE approved labels in the US & the Eu could be expanded to include treating adolescent children.
However, this news may not be the primary reason for the recent uptrend. It look like a large institutional investor has been accumulating shares over the past few days.
In addition, I am expecting Alexza to start the AZ-002 Phase 2 clinical trials any day now. I am also expecting Alexza to release Q2 numbers for ADASUVE units shipped to Teva & Grupo Ferrer. I hope that the Q2 numbers will show a significant increase from Q1.
The only reasons you should double down on ALXA are:
1. You have done your own extensive research & due diligence on Alexza & its Staccato system platform, and you believe in the fundamentals.
2. You believe that Teva will do a good job commercializing ADASUVE in the US, and ADASUVE sales in the US will meet or exceed guidance.
3. You believe in the long-term prospects of ADASUVE in the US & the EU, and the rest of the Grupo Ferrer territory.
4. You believe that Alexza will be successful in globalizing ADASUVE sales in additional countries like: Canada, Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea, the Middle East, and North Africa.
5. You believe in the long-term prospects of Alexza's Staccato System platform, and Alexza's ability to successfully develop more drugs, like: Staccato alprazolam, Staccato fentanyl, etc.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
looks to me that they may also be working on a new manufacturing plant to replace Autoliv. Nobody is talking about that, we should hear more in the current quarter. A move to a plant where a major donor partner in the same vertical works will be a plus. Make your friends close and enemies closer.
The delay to hear about clinical trials is due to talking to several partners as well who may do something similar in EU like Grupo, but a bigger name that carries more weight in PR. It is strategic to have that for the purpose of getting Adasuve partner also in countries not already signed up for Adasuve. The promotion of Edwin shows he's getting more responsibilities overseas. Don't forget King has been known to drop people if they're not useful to the team, so things are happening in there.
Maybe this time we will carry over 6 no problem.