On Monday Sept. 30, look for LINN to reaffirm dividend and distribution. Hockey Puck will be getting more and more anxious as another domino falls for LINN shareholders... Tic Toc... Then comes either merger approval from SEC or next Q earnings report... Tic Toc ... Then comes merger approval after shareholder for BRY & LINN vote ... Tic Toc... Dividend/ Distribution increases then follow... Tic Toc... Shorts need to start to cover before time runs out... Tic Toc
Random Thoughts regarding the Sept 30 votes.
1. When will the proxies get to shareholders?
2. I am sure the LINN votes will be for the merger/buyout at 1.25.
3. Bry holders are somewhat of the wild card. ut they must remember they were a $35 stock before the Linn offer.
4. If the bry holders vote no, I bet the stock falls down below $40 back to the pre offer price of 35.
5. I expect the deal to go through and Linn and LNCO to regain the 5 points they lost since July.
See what happens when there are no football games?
I believe shorts will play this to the bitter end, sowing seeds of doubt and fear with every opportunity. Besides, I don't think there is a lot of shorts left in LINN, so it may not make that much of difference anyway.