One can't help notice that the unit price is edging upwards pretty steadily here without any news. It seems that the sentiment is generally positive, that people expect a positive outcome here, although there's clearly not a surge of buyers yet. It could be awhile before we hear anything else, the next certain date would be several weeks away for Q3 results. Wonder how high this can climb in the meantime? If it goes over $27 early next week and holds, I don't see why the $28's wouldn't follow pretty quickly.
Ruby, I would think that the next key event will be sending out the proxy statements and announcing the date for the shareholder meetings. Otherwise, I would guess that third quarter results will have to be incorporated into another amended S-4 and there goes another month of delay. On the other hand, Linn could intentionally wait until 3 Q results are in to dress up the S-4 with, perhaps, very positive results to help ice the approval of the merger. I'm guessing the sequence will be the former...Proxy before 3 Q results...least delay and then 3 Q results come out before the vote. JMHO
That all depends on the S4 becoming effective. Who knows how long that will take? Like I said, the only certain date (well, within a range) is the earnings release. If I had to guess, this deal doesn't close in 2013.
I really like the latest acquisition, but betting very big on positive SEC outcome. When/if it comes, given the low trading volume of LINE, LNCO and BRY, you can bet the powers that be with a $4B+ deal on the table will assure the stock prices align to get the vote.
You pegged the September number with great accuracy. Can you disclose how you arrive at the $29 price for the October options? I've looked at the open interest numbers for October calls and puts and can't for the life of me figure out how you calculate $29 as the max pain number for the October options. GLTA