these results look weak. What might this portend for the latest confirmatory study?
Got it, but a little late (in both cases).
Fib- you'd B impressed with the 2 different research firms reporting independently on "the Company".
Information is available, just not from Soligenix. Worth reading.
Still waiting for you to part the waters. lol
Thanks in advance.
SNGX is a nanocap zombie stock. This stock does not have enough cash.SNGX has a Cash burn rate to last maybe a Quarter.Developing a drug from disovery thru all phases to NDA For FDA approval can take in some cases 14 years.Not a chance. Go to a Casino if you want to loose your money! The Odds are probably the same.Slim and none.The only reason you see volume on this stock is daytraders. Nobody actually holds this stock!!! Target practice for newbie daytraders.If you want to buy a quality stock at a undervalued price buy Kerx. No debt with a cash burn rate of 1.5 million a month that can actually develop a drug. Currently 3 phase 3 drugs are in the pipeline along with a phase 2 drug.
I'm not in.
I lost my online charting service yesterday, after many years, prophet.net. It just up and turned into something else. I loved their interactive java-charts. So I go over to barcharts to look around and they've got SNGX as a STRONG BUY. Based on the way the chart currently looks I'd be surprised if any computer generated recommendation for SNGX wasn't a BUY or STRONG BUY right now.
Regarding Schaber, yes, yes and yes. Although things have evolved to the point now where it is less likely he can "break" anything, especially with Gregg Lapointe from Sigma Tau keeping an eye on him. Just the same, nothing is written in concrete. The confirmatory PIII was given the nod by the fed and is underway. The trial is being managed by a third party, Numoda. And what's being attempted was already achieved in the original PIII back in 2004, that being, statistical significance at day 80.
As for the prednisone, this must-read article should clear up any questions you have.
You're kidding right?
You expect to get a scientific discourse, pro or con from a Yahoo! message board?
Most are in the stock for a trade.
And when it hits their price target, they are gone. Good science or bad science.
I suggest if you are trading this stock, get out in the 1.5 to 2 dollar range.
Then re-evaluate and decide after the trial results whether or not this is a good long term investment.
I think the trial results in the next year will prove it was an investment. But it can still be a good trade.
Neither one excludes the other.
There are plenty of great biotech newsletters you can subscribe to and other brokerages that specialize in biotech. I suggest you take advantage of them before investing or trading in biotech stocks.
Don't rely on a message board to confirm your bias whether it is positive or negative.
*Best post in 6 months!*
If you have any questions at all and haven't called the main office, seriously~ I'd suggest calling with a list of thought out questions for your own peace of mind. You will be glad you did. Very responsive group.
Have a good weekend! tleaf.
I'm new here, and thought I'd learn a little from those who have invested here. I'm not out to ruffle feathers or denigrate, just trying to get some understanding.
I'm unclear about a number of things, mainly why the panel was squarely focused on day 50 rather than day 80.
surely, the farther out one goes, the more important the results? Did they *convince* the panel to focus on 80?
you are right on those points. They had already an good indication that Orbec is working. They just selected the wrong endpoint and it was not significant at day 50. With the end point at day 80 they should have excellent results.....
"results look weak"...
That's your characterization isn't it.
The results seemed to indicate to me that the subjects given the steroid improved over those on placebo.I don't think Orbec needs to show 100% efficacy to be commercialized. That's my take anyhow.
of course it doesn't. But everything leading up to final phase III suggests this is far from a slam dunk.
I'm still not clear on what the FDA needs in terms of study day 80.
regarding the EMEA P3 protocol, why is the completion date targeted for mid 2011? Is this a separate trial?