stock facing the following:
1. Monumental debt over the next few years
2. A once-promising drug that has been irrevocably tainted because it "might have" in combination with another caused numerous deaths.
3. P good pain drug Prialt that will NEVER under the best of circumstances generate enough revenue for Elan to survive.
4. A candidate for AD that is among hundreds of others at a similar stage of development.
5. Wall street Analysts that hate this company for past failures.
5. Hedge funds (except for Steve who made hundreds of millions shorting at 28) who have lost large percentages of their net worth due to Elan.
6. Mutual funds who are responsible to their holders and do not want Elan to show up on their balance sheets.
Now, putting aside all LEGAL cases with bottom feeding lawyers amassing class action suits,
just where is the profit potential?
<Now, putting aside all LEGAL cases with bottom feeding lawyers amassing class action suits, just where is the profit potential?>
Evidently when you earned your Ph.D. in "aluminum siding installation" research was not one of the prequisites.
Time to end semi-retirement.
You forgot about the expanding revenues of Drug delivery.I don't mean drug deliverd thru a piope either!And your wrong about the intellectual level were at in terms of AD,phase 2 new approach.
Have a nice day prof!
I think that's a fair question although you exaggerate the problems somewhat. ELN is a very speculative play with the potential for either a moderate loss (the bad news is pretty much priced in) or a spectacular rise, if T comes back and the Alz drug works.
ELN is a real roll of the dice, no doubt. But the combination of T, Alz, nano, and Prialt could easily propel this stock to $100.
In this stock market, you may as well roll the dice some, or put your money in CDs because the general market just isn't going anywhere any time soon. How long has DOW been within a few percentage points of 10K? 6 years??
You forgot the Nano Crystal technology and Drug Delivery that will generate royalties and is growing at a 20 to 30% clip. You also forgot to mention the Parkinsons program. BTW the AZ program is light years ahead of the competition and the TY program has the potential to be one of the largest revenue producing drugs ever. There are also many other interesting programs in the pipeline that have not been publicized at all. So for those keeping score I believe we stack up very well to companys that have only half our potential and are selling at 5 to 10 times our pps.
> A once-promising drug that has been irrevocably tainted because it "might have" in combination with another caused numerous deaths. <
irrevocably tainted? by whom, BG? CNBC? go read up on pinvestment's posts b/c you obviously lack "sophistication" to understand what the non-financial world thinks about the drug...
since driving causes numerous deaths you should get rid of your car too...
You bet I'd buy the stock, already have a nice position, analysts hate ELN for past mistakes, they're looking in the rear view mirror---follow the analysts and lose money. And I wouldn't be surprised if the ones that are the most negative are buying shares now, talking out of both sides of their face. Mama