You should progressively sell it off. The Q1 earning may give the stock a temporary bounce, but the impact of the statement from the American Society of OB/GYN and the FDA probe will create headwinds for the company for at least 1 to 2 years.
if you have the staying power then you can sell 5 contracts of naked puts. lets say July expiration 440. you will pick up 15k for the sell. if the stock tumbles. worse case is you will own 500 more shares at a cost basis of 410. that would put you with an average of about 460 a share. otherwise, if the stock bases out in the mid 400's. you will have a new cost on your current shares at about 485. if the stock rallies back to 500 in a month, you can smile. best thing you can do is quit looking every hour. I started buying today. going to get bloody catching this falling knife, but it is part of the fun. robots have been around for more than 10 years in the operation room. they are not going anywhere. so they aren't needed for hysterectomies, tell us something we don't know. I bet they won't say that about the prostate. certainly it must be easier to learn than a laparoscopic hysterectomy for the doctors. I imagine whomever wrote the article is over the age of 65. robots good. company is solid. I just hope the new valuation of the stock (after this passes) does not come in with a P/E ratio of 15 or 20. enjoy swimming with the sharks for a while. it will give you a story for later. R2D2 out.
It was a bargain so you thought. What changed overnight? Take the loss and buy back equally what you've lost. This will drop more no doubt. If you've lost $25 a share, wait for another $25 drop then buy back. You'll be even again. However, I don't see an immediate bunce as this news will hover over the stock for a while. It may see $400 before any upside move.
Do like management, and sell this POS. Then short 1000 shares and in due time you will be green with your trade.
Come on how stupid are you, every one is attacking this company, the government, the medical community, and insiders are selling and you think hope and prayer is the answer. Down on huge volume, below the 50 DMA and 200 DMA. This will take a long time to recover if ever.
Sell at least half. If the stock recovers you will make up for it and if not you have protected some money. Never put more good money after a bad idea. You can also replace the ones you sell by a call option. But I think this stock is doomed. But you never know.
Assuming that you're authentic, it depends upon your time horizon and cash needs. This is the kind of event that may take time (say 8-12 months) to resolve. Its not in danger of going broke. (No debt)
In my opinion it will be back. But that may be after the entire market has a correction and the actual cash flow of the business becomes apparent. Good Luck,