I have, and have had, my order in for $27.00. I bailed out at $35.50 just a little too early. I had previously rode this thing up and down and just thought why not profit from the swings.
If my order fills, then I will hold until 36 at which time I will consider selling and shorting the same amount.
Meanwhile I have loaded up on TNK which has been seductively priced and I believe forecasted to pay 19% for the next five years. I do want to balance my oiltanker holdings back into NAT.
Well, considering Guidance on Dividend (NAT) has been noted at .85, outdside of Oil dropping more, I think it will be hard for me to get my $25.00 a share grab. So u may be on target.
Im still on the fence with TNK, had the opp and let it slip by me, my fault.
DM u bring up a very good point regarding transparency, that only now has hit me. I have over 55 stocks in my portfolio, comprised of various sectors etc.
At the end of the day, there are only maybe 5 that i can sit down, and within reason, calculate what they will make for the quarter based on true market information.
I definately cannot do that with the load of crap I hold in financials, or manufacturing, or retail sales.
Im not saying any of my oil freight positions are sure things, not even NAT, but they certainly are less of a crap shoot, and have been the ONLY positions in my extensive portfolio that I am not embarrassed to have invested heavily in. And that friends, without divulging the extent of my losses this year, says a mouthful.
I have read up on you two; cape and goof.
Cape, I tend to agree with you. I also have made what I consider good money on NAT over the years. I think the management is great and transparent. The business model is easy to follow and hx is on our side with the price. If the stock price drops to historic lows, I will just average down. I owned 4k shares at most a couple years back, but am currently sitting on 482 at 29 per share.
Good luck all. Cheers to adding more!
im waiting like you. I got lucky and sold all my shares before the dilution. I have been patiently waiting for below 30, but I might by a few shares next week and continue to buy a little more each point down.
Reading the posts, it appears the people waiting for a move are expecting and, I would think, hoping this move leads down to the neighborhood of $25. I think that could happen in or within a couple of months. That being said, I'm not selling now and didn't sell when it was higher recently. I've been reinvesting dividends for a few years and will be trying to scrape up money to buy additional shares if it gets below $28 or $29. Some day I will quit buying and reinvesting dividends and start spending that money. I'm not saying I'm smart for doing it this way, I'm just more patient than I used to be.