Mon, Dec 29, 2014, 11:40 AM EST - U.S. Markets close in 4 hrs 20 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Chembio Diagnostics, Inc. Message Board

  • mjh194353 mjh194353 Jan 14, 2014 9:59 PM Flag

    Slow in finding CEO may equal sale of company

    The price of money will be going up....the science and products here are good......CEO is retiring, but still on BOD........if there ever was a time for this to be bought out, the stars may be aligned.........Hard to believe that this subject has not been the topic of discussion on the BOD, recently; and, maybe with ALERE, too. This could explain the draggy talks with ALERE.........I hate rank speculation and I am engaging in it now....but, this is timely on several levels, now.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Hola MJ. Sam and Chartman brought up good points. I didn't think "at this level". However, at this level means a lower multiple.

      It's a waiting game for FDA approval. Also, the level of approval is crucial. If it can get approval of a level that allows mobile testing Chembio will fly. CA already tested Chembio DPP for mobile testing. NY and CA tend to be mirror images in such things.

      The difference is $7.50 now and potential for $12-$15 in a year with approval and adoption of the product by one big Gov agency.

      I'll wait.

    • Wow....almost sorry I brought up the subject. Samsato and Chart have some good points on this discussion. I certainly would not and did not indicate that it should be sold "at these levels". It seems to me that one or more suitors will come to their own valuation and would be capable of opining on the present value of future business and opportunities. I have no opinion on that. No CEO and no sales director. I still "smell" the potential for a deal, but would want the best price available recognizing the future for this company. I can hold for sure. No rush here. I believe that LS has a huge financial investment and an emotional investment. He remains on the BOD......Chairman as I recall, but could be wrong. Quite frankly, I hope that he has a large part in the selection of his successor. A good choice will see the value of having LS around and caring about a great transition.

    • I think that's fair speculation. I just wonder whether Alere would be interested after their recent purchase. I could definitely see a sale here. Just don't think Alere is the suitor.

      • 1 Reply to randytexcobb
      • Hi folks,
        A sale would be foolish at this level. This is a $1B + market cap stock in the making. Chembio upper management and BOD all recognize this. Alere Lateral flow patents expire next year...that's $1MM additional money to Chembio's bottom line. HIV, Syp, HCV, TB, other markers... Inexpensive high-value point of care testing in a health care environment upended by the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Why sell now? This is a perfect storm.... CEOs will be chomping at the bit to be considered for Chembio. (Remember Cepheid in 2003? A complete unknown...and along comes John Bishop...the rest is history)

        Investor Symposiums yesterday revealed a lot. Larry didn't sound like he was pumping the company at all. He highlighted the great things and shared the gloomy overhangs as well. This round robin of symposiums was done to say "hey, look here before it's too late to get in a sub-$4 prices"

3.9182-0.0418(-1.06%)Dec 29 10:04 AMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.