Fri, Apr 18, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed for Good Friday

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Pfizer Inc. Message Board

  • tiderunner3 tiderunner3 Oct 5, 2006 9:58 AM Flag

    May see a reversal of the slouch today

    I think when they realize inflation is still out there and enough suckers sell low, the next leg could start up.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Here is an excerpt from your post:

      hmmm de hmmm dummm

      WEll! I NEVER! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?

      MY response to that sarcastic remark will be brief:

      11/17 -100,000 ($27.99) - inception of investment in Nov. '04
      11/24 - 94,227 ($26.79)
      12/02 -105,282 ($28.46)
      12/13 - 95,690 ($27.16)
      12/16 -109,084 ($28.98) - last session before bad Celebrex news
      12/17 - 86,311 ($25.75)
      12/20 - 75,475 ($24.29)
      12/29 - 98,396 ($27.26)
      12/31 - 95,919 ($26.89)
      01/24 - 70,491 ($24.26)
      01/27 - 74,588 ($24.68)
      02/01 - 66,451 ($23.86)
      02/08 - 82,685 ($25.55)
      02/09 - 79,060 ($25.05) - ex-div. 19 cents
      02/18 - 95,575 ($26.80)
      02/28 - 90,124 ($26.29)
      03/07 - 99,513 ($27.18)
      03/22 - 80,057 ($25.42)
      03/28 - 89,590 ($26.23)
      03/29 - 82,751 ($25.64)
      04/06 - 99,801 ($26.86)
      04/11 - 94,613 ($26.46)
      04/15 -108,421 ($27.71)
      04/20 - 96,601 ($26.76)
      04/22 -102,872 ($27.22)
      04/28 - 96,214 ($26.69)
      05/09 -113,922 ($27.97)
      05/11 -112,745 ($27.65) - ex-div. 19 cents
      05/24 -126,304 ($28.84)
      06/09 -113,178 ($27.53)
      06/20 -128,191 ($28.76)
      06/23 -127,990 ($28.90) - high close for '05
      07/07 -101,540 ($26.75)
      07/14 -113,525 ($27.60)
      07/26 - 94,049 ($26.24)
      08/03 -104,418 ($26.93)
      08/08 - 93,761 ($26.21)
      08/09 - 99,730 ($26.70)
      08/10 - 98,474 ($26.39) - ex-div. 19 cents
      08/25 - 76,552 ($24.87)
      09/06 - 85,963 ($25.87) - last day unhedged
      09/08 - 87,930 ($26.51)
      10/07 - 77,750 ($24.39)
      10/12 - 82,430 ($24.84)
      10/13 - 79,990 ($24.50) - last day hedged
      10/19 - 75,110 ($23.97)
      10/20 - 49,010 ($21.90)
      10/26 - 32,675 ($21.06)
      11/08 - 52,505 ($21.91) - ex-div. 19 cents
      11/11 - 59,540 ($22.43)
      11/16 - 43,890 ($21.37)
      11/21 - 49,495 ($21.74)
      11/22 - 44,000 ($21.38)
      11/25 - 49,170 ($21.67)
      12/09 - 31,605 ($20.60) - last session before dividend hike
      12/14 - 67,705 ($22.85)
      12/16 - 64,095 ($22.58) - last session before Lipitor decision
      12/19 - 85,500 ($24.32)
      01/18 - 79,365 ($24.00) - last session before annual earnings
      01/26 -101,345 ($25.05) - last session before Exubera approval
      02/01 -117,780 ($26.05)
      02/06 -103,100 ($25.09)
      02/07 -104,170 ($25.18) - last session before OTC biz in play
      02/08 -124,490 ($26.37) - ex-div. 24 cents, Sutent approved
      02/09 -125,250 ($26.34) - last session before Analysts Day
      02/14 -117,740 ($25.50)
      04/18 -100,355 ($24.93) - last session before Q1 earnings
      04/20 -102,225 ($24.95)
      04/25 - 97,045 ($24.72)
      05/08 -116,050 ($25.54)
      05/10 -108,790 ($25.04) - ex-div. 24 cents
      05/11 -103,850 ($24.81) - Chantix approval
      05/12 - 95,280 ($24.50)
      05/16 -105,405 ($24.90) - Indiplon rejection by FDA
      05/22 - 77,260 ($23.72)
      05/26 - 84,290 ($24.00)
      06/23 - 51,965 ($22.64)
      06/26 - 60,235 ($23.01) - sale of Consumer Products division
      06/27 - 55,185 ($22.80)
      07/10 - 80,925 ($23.87)
      07/17 - 44,550 ($22.41) - low close for '06
      07/19 - 65,610 ($23.30) - last session before Q2 earnings
      07/28 -130,245 ($26.11) - last session before CEO resignation
      08/03 -118,820 ($25.51)
      08/09 -136,065 ($26.15) - ex-div. 24 cents
      09/01 -171,035 ($27.96)
      09/07 -162,125 ($27.45)
      09/20 -181,645 ($28.47) - high close for '06 to date
      10/05 -173,890 ($27.99)
      10/06 -172,835 ($27.90)

      Note: breakeven currently stands at around $24.70 on the stock.

      Each point on the stock means about 28K up to $27.50 on the stock and 17K per point thereafter.

      Today's On-Balance-Volume (OBV) figures for Pfizer as shown by bigcharts:

      01-minute intervals: POSITIVE 2.5 million shares
      05-minute intervals: POSITIVE 3.5 million shares
      15-minute intervals: negative 1.5 million shares
      60-minute intervals: POSITIVE 3.0 million shares

      I give something like a 40% chance of a hike from 24 cents quarterly to 27 cents. A 30% chance is assigned to going from 24 cents to 26 cents. And a 30% chance of a hike to something higher than 27 cents. We'll all know which one is right around Dec. 11.

    • Hmmmm, hmmmm, hmmm de hmmm dummm, hummmmm.

    • " Your sarcastic "Well, there's always Tomorrow" "

      Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? What on God's green planet is sarcastic about that? Your mind is seriously fucked up.

      You sound like Little Johnnie's teacher who complained to his parent that he was corrupting the other kids with dirty songs. Johnnie's Father said, "You mean Johnny is actually singing dirty songs in front of other kids?" To which the teacher (chartness) replied, "Well, no, but he humms them!!!!"

      You're a friggin' freak.

    • And maybe not.

      Well, there's always Tomorrow.

    • No - investors are concerned about mid-term elections and its impact on big pharma.

      • 2 Replies to drcravenus
      • Are you absolutely certain that it's not the revolt of the Mbweebwee pygmy tribe against the oppressive joojoobee bean plantation overseers who so notoriously underpay the pygmies for their harvesting of the key secret ingredient in the synthesis of Lipitor?

      • This triangle of truisms, of father, mother and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilisations which disregard it. Most modern reformers are merely bottomless sceptics, and have no basis on which to rebuild; and it is well that such reformers should realise that there is something they cannot reform. You can put down the mighty from their seat; you can turn the world upside down, and there is much to be said for the view that it may then be the right way up. But you cannot create a world in which the baby carries the mother. You cannot create a world in which the mother has not authority over the baby. You can waste your time in trying, by giving votes to babies or proclaiming a republic of infants in arms.
        You can say, as an educationist said the other day, that small children should "criticise, question authority and suspend their judgment."
        I do not know why he did not go on to say that they should earn their own living, pay income tax to the state, and die in battle for the fatherland; for the proposal evidently is that children shall have no childhood. But you can, if you find entertainment in such games, organise "representative government" among little boys and girls, and tell them to take their legal and constitutional responsibilities as seriously as possible. In short, you can be crazy; but you cannot be consistent. You cannot really carry your own principle back to the aboriginal group, and really apply it to the mother and the baby. You will not act on your own theory in the simplest and most practical of all possible cases. You are not quite so mad as that.

    • I have just spoken to a local contact on events in Brazil and on the horrific mess that the planned 8 mega sq foot Pfizer factory is causing. In a flurry of corruption claims and counter claims, it appears that the Magi Werty Tribe has seized control of the entire site and are refusing to relinquish control until their chief has been made COE of Pfizer Brazil. They are also demanding that their principal sport, of shooting people with their poison blow darts, becomes legal both in both Brazil and the USA.. The Brazil mkts are assuming that Buratti wouldn't have cut a deal with prosecutor's office without having evidence against Palocci so mkts are now assuming resignation a real risk. This mess is likely to confirm Lula's decline in popularity and result in Pfizer having to shift the site of the factory to South Maluca. All of this to weigh on Brazil until markets feel comfortable on policy continuity.

    • It is a fact that democracy has never functioned when put into practice by the human race. It is simply not in the nature of either Man or Wolf to be democratic. Indeed this is a good thing and should be admitted freely so that this awful waste of time can stop forthwith. Most people neither deserve nor expect democracy. People hate self-determination and panic in its very presence. It is all well and good to talk about such noble things around the campfire but to attempt to put democracy into practice is plain foolhardy. What one must aim for is the pretence of democracy (to extinguish the ardor and stirring spirit of the campfire) but not to give the populace the real self-determination that they so dread. Let them stay slaves; for slaves they want to be, were born to be and deserve to be.

 
PFE
30.25+0.16(+0.53%)Apr 17 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Weibo Corporation
NasdaqGSThu, Apr 17, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Rayonier Inc.
NYSEThu, Apr 17, 2014 4:03 PM EDT
SandRidge Energy, Inc.
NYSEThu, Apr 17, 2014 4:01 PM EDT