Mon, Jan 26, 2015, 8:48 AM EST - U.S. Markets open in 42 mins.

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Pfizer Inc. Message Board

  • chrttwelve chrttwelve Dec 27, 2009 4:49 PM Flag

    I'm scheduled to be in the hospital for 26 hours (OT)

    I report in at 9 AM local time on Wednesday with the lap-band surgery itself scheduled for noon. I'll be on a liquid diet starting four hours after surgery and will be asked to start walking at that time.

    After an overnight stay, there will be upper GI testing the next morning and then if things are OK, I'll be released at about 11 AM on Thursday, Dec. 31. My older brother who lives nearby will be taking me home.

    I'll be on a liquid diet for the first ten days after surgery with the first solid food being a single egg.

    I have purchased a supply of vitamins and high-protein liquid shakes. I can't say they are very good though. To paraphrase an expression, "its no great shakes." I'm sure going to miss those Trader Joe's orange sticks.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Thanks Peb. While I don't agree with everything chart (or you) says, I will defend his (or your) right to say it. This is America not Iran. Also just for kicks a few weeks ago, I looked at a thread where a poster specifically asked chart a question and chart responded. Of all the replies to that thread only about 40% of them were between chart and the poster. The remaining 60% were from other posters calling chart names, etc. So with that said I do have a problem saying that it is all chart. One other thing I chuckle about occasionally is wondering if chart is a "paid poster" (if they really exist). If he isn't, he should definitely consider it because one thing you have to give him is that his posts get responses and lots of them.
      =====================================
      cuckoo,cuckoo!!!..what a bunch of nonsenical bullshit...lololol!

    • Here is an excerpt from your post:


      a home is now priced at its 2003 value...



      That's not so in my neck of the woods in Los Angeles. My house was appraised at 430K in March 2003 and the last I saw, Zillow had it currently worth about 620K. It was once tickling 800K.

    • Thanks Peb. While I don't agree with everything chart (or you) says, I will defend his (or your) right to say it. This is America not Iran. Also just for kicks a few weeks ago, I looked at a thread where a poster specifically asked chart a question and chart responded. Of all the replies to that thread only about 40% of them were between chart and the poster. The remaining 60% were from other posters calling chart names, etc. So with that said I do have a problem saying that it is all chart. One other thing I chuckle about occasionally is wondering if chart is a "paid poster" (if they really exist). If he isn't, he should definitely consider it because one thing you have to give him is that his posts get responses and lots of them.

    • Good luck chart! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

      • 2 Replies to wfleonard
      • and oddly enough here's a poster who's total posting history is 4 posts, of course all of them them to chrty himself, and the last wishing himself a speedy recovery, Alan could you please get just a little more lame?...tia
        ---------------------------------------------



        1. Re: I&&39;m scheduled to be in the hospital for 26 hours (OT)
        Good luck chart! I hope you have a speedy recovery .
        Business & Finance > Investments > Stocks (A to Z) > Stocks P > Pfizer Inc. (PFE) wfleonard 28-Dec-09 09:30 pm

        2. Chart
        Check your e-mail. EOM
        Business & Finance > Investments > Stocks (A to Z) > Stocks P > Pfizer Inc. (PFE) wfleonard 9-Nov-09 09:07 am

        3. Re: Question for the option players
        Since you seem to have a clear insight into this, would you please post the specific data you used to support your conclusion so that the rest of us can benefit from your knowledge? Thanks in advance.
        Business & Finance > Investments > Stocks (A to Z) > Stocks P > Pfizer Inc. (PFE) wfleonard 6-Feb-09 04:50 pm

        4. Chartness
        Check your e-mail.
        Business & Finance > Investments > Stocks (A to Z) > Stocks P > Pfizer Inc. (PFE) wfleonard

      • Thanks very much and Happy New Year to you. I hope to be back and posting before the closing bell on Thursday and under an appropriate new handle.

    • Alan's worst nightmare:

      No access to the stock market, completely cut off from information, at the same time Pfizer announces some sort of product recall..LOL

      Seriosuly, I hope everything goes well for you.

    • good news for Chart...

      Mental Health Parity Act Effective Jan.1, 2010

      ... insurance company must provide for his inpatient care.

    • My older brother, who is picking me up at the hospital, never had any of his money in stocks. It has been 2% CD's for him all the way.

      My younger brother continues to slowly claw his way back but it will be years yet as he didn't give me much extra money near the lows.

      oy vey,oy vey.who should you trust?!!you?if you say the brothers have no answer or money left,they come to you?if yes,you kick them out because it's not their money anymore or what?how does it work?
      i mean when a brother jew robes his own brother(real),then go ahead with monstrosities.LOL.

    • My older brother, who is picking me up at the hospital, never had any of his money in stocks. It has been 2% CD's for him all the way.

      My younger brother continues to slowly claw his way back but it will be years yet as he didn't give me much extra money near the lows.

    • proudmandingowarrior proudmandingowarrior Dec 27, 2009 6:55 PM Flag

      Should you die under the knife, who inherits all your staggering divestment losses?

 
PFE
32.45+0.10(+0.31%)Jan 23 4:02 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Rock-Tenn Company
NYSEFri, Jan 23, 2015 4:00 PM EST
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc.
NASDAQFri, Jan 23, 2015 4:00 PM EST
W.W. Grainger, Inc.
NYSEFri, Jan 23, 2015 4:01 PM EST