According what was stated at the annual meeting, spliting the stock at this stage was premature. They would consider splitting in the 4th Q of 1st Q of 99. This would require shareholder vote to increase the shares allowed. I believe they are waiting for a big split (4/1 maybe) to celebrate Pfizer's 150th aniversary!
Yes, I know someone on the inside and they say it will happen at the next Meeting (but only if the price is above 120). We will all be keeping our fingers crossed but I think there is an excellent chance of it.
I work for Pfizer, but not at a level high enough to hear about board meeting topics in advance. There seems to be a different approach to the decision to split or not this time though. The last couple of splits have happened within a few months of breaking 90, when the stock price was in the 100-120 range. However, those splits were voted on at the annual meeting in 2nd Q. Could be interesting to see if they want to hit 150+ and do a 3 for 1. That's the rumor here.