Questions to ask yourself about SPPI before you sell in a panic
Setting aside all the noise/name-calling/cheering, and taking into consideration how the business fundamentals (not the stock) look currently...is it likely that things will deteriorate in the mid AND long term? Is this going to be your best time to SELL? Do you think the company is better positioned in sales/marketing than last year? Do you think Ligand would license Melphalan to a dying company with no skills to bring drugs to market? Is there ANY possibility of a leucovorin recall/shortage for any reason in the future? Will short interest be hanging around at this price if we were a month away from FDA decision?
The C0.. has talent but it cannot covert that to cash flow in the short haul. A drug approval is tediuosly slow and expensive. To acheive that you need deep pockets, excellent Lab know how/luck and some big Pharma networking skills.
The recovery will now be slow only because Investors remember the past & the hype be it from outsiders or Insiders.
Dont do anything in a panic but if you are a large bag holder and love this company start increasing your position with larger blocks to reduce your cost basis thus reducing the holding time to recovery. It may be a very long time. Maybe it is better to wait until share price is in the 5 to 6 dollar range that may happen sooner than you think. It takes a long time to build trust once it has been broken. good luck and best wishes on speedy recovery
Everything is a possibility at some level. An elephant may fall from the clouds and land in my pool, and then start tap-dancing down my driveway while singing the alphabet.
It's more likely, however, that I get a thumbs down after 3 minutes.