I think it really depends on the day. If you see a little pop tomorrow and an overbought signal than yes. I'd be a little cautious because both stocks have taken big hits lately. RIMM about -20% and MA -10%. Not only that, but Bernake is in play tomorrow. Who knows what that will bring.
Shorting the AG sector on pops has been working for me, so I'll be looking at MON, POT, AGU, etc. That sector has not had a meaningful correction yet, which leads me to believe that the downside risk is definitely there.
cnh reports earnungs on the 23rd will be a great tell on Agco and DE.
Yes big corrections but still looked like short covering this afternoon. will wait and see. I think a retest of the recent lows are need to confirm this uptrend. Still think market will see 12,000 before 13,000 if the FEd doesn't get it.
cnh was not on my radar. I'll put that one on my calculator.
I agree with you about the market. We'll probably go lower before we go higher. it probably was just short covering. I'm just not willing to hold a position for more than a couple days at this point. I closed some short positions too early (i.e. RIMM @ $115, HOG @ $47) and now I feel a little late on a lot of them. Much like you, I feel a lot better being in cash. If I can scalp a percent or two here or there, I am happy.