Funny how the stock price bumps around while the fundamentals continue to melt:
- Console hardware sales continue to decline. People all excited about Sony and MS consoles which are up a little (in unit volume) while they forget that Nintendo is falling apart. Nintendo consoles down 43% from on year ago.
- Handhelds (which used to matter) are down 41% for the current GME quarter.
- X1 now facing discounts as retailers try to move them. PS4 now well stocked everywhere.
- So - thats a lot less hungry slots for physical media than there used to be.
- New consoles are far better at downloads so we will see a much lower physical media attach rate then prior gen.
And, physical media is following the trend.
- Physical game units down 14.7% and down 21% for the GME quarter.
- Titanfall ain't saving anyone. Less than 800K total units in US in first two weeks. Caused a blip in hardware sales.
- Preordered games in the US are well off from a year ago in both volume and outstanding preorders.
- All these trends are echoed in GME's unit sales (new and used) in recent quarters.
The fact of the matter is if they dont sell more slots (consoles and handhelds), they wont sell more games. It ain't speculation, its a fact, this ice cube continues to melt, regardless of the stock price.