I am thinking to take a little profit here, but just a little bit to spread the risk, what do you all like outside the REE stocks, allready have some Great Western and considering Greenland Mining but perhaps something promising in other mining sectors ?
I have gold prospector Tirex in Canada but has not turned out well yet.
Here's the link
Neo Material Technologies Inc. (NEM) is a producer, processor and developer of neodymium-iron-boron magnetic powders (Neo Powders), rare earths and zirconium-based engineered materials and metals, including gallium and indium. The Company's Magnequench division is a producer of Neo Powders used in the production of bonded neo magnets for micro motors, precision motors, sensors and other applications. Rare earth and zirconium applications include catalytic converters, computers, television display panels, optical lenses, and electronic chips. Gallium and indium products are used in the wireless, flat panel display, solar and catalyst applications. NEM's Performance Materials division manufactures a product line of oxides and salts of rare earth elements, which include cerium, lanthanum, neodymium, dysprosium and terbium. On August 31, 2009, the Company acquired Recapture Metals Limited. In May 2010, the Company acquired 50% interest in Buss & Buss Spezialmetalle GmbH.
As far as Explorers go, one of the most interesting stories going on right now, in my opinion, is Northern Uranium (NTU.AX). It's got all the components of a good story.
It's got the HREE projects:
And it's got the trading volume. Not to mention, Lynas itself is the second biggest "top holder" of NTU. China's ECE wanted a 51% stake but got turned down, just like with Lynas.
Plus John Goulevitch (of Arafura's Nolan's Bore fame) just joined the exploration team.
Do your own research, read the reports, check out the action.
If you are looking outside the Rare Earth Miners, I would consider Taseko (TGB), and General Moly (GMO). TGB is in the middle of a huge run up, as they are about to get govt approval of their Prosperity copper/gold mine, currently estimated to have at least $3 billion in resources. GMO is on track for approval mid 2011, and will be the largest pure Moly producer in the world within 5 years. Do your DD on both, but don't take too long on TGB, it will jump significantly once it gets approval, and that is coming very soon.
I'm holding tight and wouldn't even begin to consider lightening up until the price reaches $3.00. Even then, I will keep most of my shares until $7.00 target is reached. I also have much, much smaller stake in Avalon, in hopes that it will be bought a Japanese company concerned about the reliability of supplies from China. I think a Japanese car company or electronics manufacturer would be a potential bidder. I could also see Molycorp looking for synergies. Lots of possibilities, but far more speculative than Lynas, which explains much smaller holdings. Another completely unrelated holding that is even more speculative than Avalon is Geron (GERN). They began a human test trial yesterday of stem cell therapy for spinal cord damage. They have many patents related to pluripotent embryonic stem cells, and many patents related to Telomerase, the enzyme that regulates telomeres which regulate the lifespan of cells and cause cancer cells to become immortal. Can't emphasize enough, though: stick with Lynas!
I am a new shareholder, just having recently bought in at $1.28. Personally, I would be taking some profit if I had gotten in around .80 cents or so. But I will not even begin to think about that until around $1.80 and will depend how/when we reach that price, which we will. I still don't think we have reached anywhere near what I think will be a global panic re. REE. China again is showing its mentally ill and childish nature, this time relative to their Nobel Peace Prize winner. This all bodes very well for LYSCF.
Nothing ever wrong with taking some profit off the table--still is one of the more difficult thing to do with investing. I have ridden PLM up and down a few times. You might want to do your own intensive DD and take a look at that. I am not now in but would again reconsider at a bit lower price.