Oh Rebel please. Must you quibble? Maria "served as", but she never was granted the title but NVAX, only by some random website you have referenced. As you know, not a word was said when she was gone. No SEC filing was required because she was not an officer. But more importantly, who TF cares?
He was probably thinking about Maria, but the new CMO in place remains the point.
The stock should be trading over $3.00 as of today, but the market is still so choppy, it's difficult to get there. Quite annoying actually.
There was a meeting and yes I attended. I know there was one other shareholder there and maybe a third but I am not sure.
As far as news, Rahul just summerized what has happened in 2010 and that they expect to hear from BARDA in the 3rdQ. One thing I did not know but he explained. If BARDA does make an award, no upfront money is sent to NVAX. The company has to expend the money and invoice BARDA who will then reimburse.
It was my first time at the facility and let me tell you it is impressive but very very small. The GE wave bioreactors are about the size of a small desk and the large Xellerex 1000 liter unit looks like an outdoor propane tank on its end. The whole room where they make the vaccine is no larger that a school classroom.
That was it.
Actually that is pretty crappy news.
I was expecting them to get 30 to 50 million up front like Protine Science.
Sounds like NVAX is going to have to front the money for the Govt.
If so, NVAX doesn't need BARDA.
1. Dawson James appears to have been clue in by NvAX on the timing;
2. Yes, this type of grant requires invoices before compensation. Most federal grants do, although sometimes there is a percentage draw upfront.
3. for 4th Q, excellent. Expected start of U.S. phase III.
4. Contrary to these bashers, every day that NVAX is not out of the running, they are more in. IMO, they are in, and it is interesting, perhaps positive, that the company is not suggesting so (more of the Erck in charge, not Rahul, to say nothing till its done).
5. If the BARDA does not come soon, then the phase III may be the next significant news.
glad to hear you went, sounds very impressive, size of a classroom? propane tank? size of a desk? millions and millions riding on this pos and it is this small? sounds like a high school science project. I could've done w/o knowing this. Thanks none the less
couple of points
1. " expect to hear from BARDA in the 3rdQ" - this agrees with what dawson james said yesterday in their report; they said they expect a barda award in q4; i thought they must have talked to someone at nvax to get that date; pretty obvious they did
2.nvax spends the money and barda reimburses - to me, this answers the question of why for no apparrent reason was their the dilution last year?
nvax was raising money to be spent with the expection of being reimbursed by barda
i think we can finally now know the reason for the dilution last year
good info, thanks for attending/posting