Thu, Aug 21, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Novavax, Inc. Message Board

  • wily.coyote wily.coyote Apr 8, 2014 4:04 PM Flag

    Calling all TA experts


    Did you like the close? What does it say to you?

    This topic is deleted.
    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • TA expert them both medium size and firm...

    • Just an opinion. I would not put a lot into TA right now. There are too many external forces at play. There is a gap way back in the 2.90 area in my opinion if / when it fills it will be a quick fill. I got a feeling somebody was / has been gunning for that fill. I own shares and plan to pick up more. IMO if you are a quick trader a buy in the low 3.90s if it happens and exit in the 4.50 - 4.60 would be a quick few grand. Longer term which is what I am , I am looking for a 10 day higher low. Then I will start looking to buy trading shares. I have much core shares I am holding all profitable. I have been buying and selling trading shares since last Dec. on the 4 breakdown specifically, last sell was 6.25 ish in Feb. Waiting for the mkt. in general to settle a bit then I will buy back my trading shares. I don't flip / trade for pennys minimum is 1.50 profit pending upon sentiment. I do think NVAX was hit hard and is in oversold territory and looks to be turning, but fear could send it right back down very quickly, 6 months from now IMO no doubt it will be a 6 dollar stock and I will have my trading shares way before it gets there. Not with the mkt. everyday all day so I take a longer term look at things.

    • 1 and 2 day moving average are mind blowing.. The 1 day crossed the 2 day like shit brick house! And on average volume!! You guys are nuts...

    • Watch the 8 and 16 day moving average. When the 8 day crosses the 16 day average, watch out. It's getting close to breaking out. I stupidly missed the crossover at $6 which brought us down to current levels.

      Sentiment: Buy

    • Still in recovery mode, but improving a lot.
      Nothing great about the close.

    • Wily,
      I didn't like the volume... It was 800,000 shares below the average daily volume...
      That would indicate that the funds were not into the game too much...
      That would also indicate they don't expect any great announcement tomorrow...

      I see base building between $4.20+/- to $4.60+/-...

      We need some good news, soon...

    • Bounced off the 200 day moving average yesterday. Gap open and then closed this as well. Looks good to me-- light the fuse.

      Sentiment: Buy

    • I liked the buying throughout the day. Too, buy pressure going into the close. This offset by selling, including a large block (70K at the close). Generally, the indices near the end were pointing to "sell" and I think we either had some shorting (much less likely) or institutional selling (much more likely in this market) to close the day. Without looking at TA, I'm sure the TA says it was a good day, probably by a number of measures.


      • 1 Reply to luckijack1
      • it needs to go back up on bigger volume like it fell,in order to validate that institutions are still interested cause without them an the big players, the jury is still out and its still in a trading range. Again its still a speculation no matter how you cut it., but it has many good things going for it. now we also need to see next earnings period, plus forward projections for this to move up, an better market conditions would also help.

4.48-0.03(-0.67%)Aug 21 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.