As for what can impact Novavax?:
1) M&A activity is alive and well. The bio-tech "bubble" is now in question....
- What happens to bio-tech sector indices, such as IBB, will be interesting.
2) MERS is becoming more troubling, but *not* yet out-of-control H2H.
- Note that H1N1 was very busy April to May in 2009.
- Oh, Novavax spiked through the rest of the 2009 year... in response to H1N1.
- Then, H1N1 became a part of the seasonal trivalent vaccine in 2013. Hmmm.
- MERS is becoming more troubling April and may 2014.... will watch with concern.
3) H7N9 is in the viral cauldron, just having jumped from birds to humans in 2012.
4) Novavax's RSV clinical trial results due in weeks and has the potential of rocket fuel.
5) Unknowns, such as H7N9 outbreak, H1N1 outbreak, dangerous seasonal impact. Ebola....
6) The viral cauldron continues to boil and brew.... Novavax stands at the ready.....
IMHO, the situation has shifted more in favor to the longs of Novavax than the shorts.
We'll know more as this 2nd *full* week of Q2 trading brings in all trading houses, etc.