I just remember this interesting thoughts that came from "Exdivy" around November of last year.
2010 and first half of 2011 will be plague with IPO's and funds manager will stay deciplined to keep their funds with 10% cash, so where do they get the money if they would like to buy in on this IPO's? Sell some of their holdings that have gained significant amount and RSO definitely is one of them.
Now, I will not consider any drop in price as correction rather I will look at it as profit taking.
Maybe mid $6's. I'm actually somewhat relieved, despite the divot in my account. I still think REXI would like to complete that half aborted offering, so I wouldn't mind seeing it stick around in the $6's indefinitely.
Yup. I am not unhappy with my divot either. I picked up some cheaper shares than I had expected. I'm not into RSO for quick capital gain bucks. I'm in for the dividend and the long haul back to double digit share prices. I have a biotech for fast 10 bagger kind of bucks. RSO isn't one of those.
Where ever the bottom may be the company has indicated a 1.00 dividend for 2011 and the desire to be able to increase the dividend. I bought some at 6.67 not that long ago and was very hapy to watch it go up. I was intending on buying some more and then it started to come down. I think I will purchase half of what I eventually want to own today and wait on the other half for a bit. Bottom line is if this stock can continue to pay 1.00 it is a great buy at anything under 7.00 and if there is a dividend increase a year from now the people will be trying to buy it under 8.00.
Some day( 2 or three years) this stock will hit double digits and while we wait we collect a solid cash dividend. After what the company has been through in the past couple of years I am with Fred here and would not be overly concerned. GLTA!
I'd say we're seeing a general market correction and RSO is a part of it and a volatile stock like RSO is going to react more strongly to that correction. So we have an overcorrection with RSO. I should have listened to my voice that told me to wait another day to buy, but I bought yesterday. So today is another buying opportunity!