Sun, Apr 20, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Sprint Corporation Message Board

  • arts.crafts2 arts.crafts2 Nov 9, 2012 4:52 PM Flag

    WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE? Sprint is down more today than anyday..

    Weds. DOW was down -300 or more. Thurs. DOW was down -132. Now, on Friday, when the day after 11:30am was up +60 or +70 points, Sprint has been losing altitude, to close at 5.54, with a low of 5.51. This is the worst for weeks. And after upgrades and the US Cellular deal, this goes down?

    What's your take on what this is telling us about the great Softbank deal?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Buying at anything above $5.30 will be a losing proposition come deal day..Numbers are done, $5.30 is target for even money payoff.

      • 1 Reply to bob_awncock
      • And how to you come to your $5.30 figure? I don't see 55% at $7.30 & 45% at $5.30 equaling that. Example: Say you own 1,000 shares. 55% of 1000 sh. @ 7.30 = 4,015
        45% of 1000 sh. @ your 5.30 = 2,385. 4,015+2,385 = 6400 divided by 1,000 = $6.40 share. Sounds good to me. Remember, the "dilution" of the 45% to 30% doesn't mean we have less shares, if I understand this correctly. Softbank gets 70% of the shares which leaves 30% to us, but everyone and Sprint investor relations is saying you don't get shares taken away; they simply get to be more less. So, my understanding is if the "New" Sprint shares at the time of the deal conclusion are worth, say $6.00, our 45% will be worth 15% less than that, or $5.10.

        If I'm not right, and those you seem to understand this better than I, please enlighten me as to where I am interrupting this incorrectly.

    • Slow down and smell the coffee. The ups and down is irrelevant unless you are counting your money on a daily basis, which means you are over your head. If you are vested in this stock you must wait it out until the merger. Everything in between is static.

 
S
8.52+0.15(+1.79%)Apr 17 4:02 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.