Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Sprint Corporation Message Board

  • commonnonsense2 commonnonsense2 Jul 11, 2013 9:45 AM Flag

    New Sprint opened at $6.00. Now at $6.09

    SWD
    USD Sprint Nextel Corporation New
    Last [Tick] $6.09[-]
    Change $0.24
    % Change 4.10%
    Bid [Tick] 6.08
    Bid Size 19
    Ask $6.10
    Ask Size 9
    Open $6.00
    Volume 2,852,095
    Day High $6.12
    Day Low $5.91
    Previous Close $5.85
    Prev. Close Date 07/10/2013

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • That would mean we took quite a haircut for our shares if we opted for the shares instead of cash..........it doesn't look right?

      • 2 Replies to jebco
      • Except for Sseaspeu, billy Brittain and a few others, we all told you to elect cash as 9i7% did.

      • You did take a haircut. Why? Because Son thinks Sprint stock is worth $7.65. The market thinks it's worth $6 or thereabout. So based on the 97% who elected cash or made no election, the Market priced 74% of their stock which could be redeemed for cash at $7.65 per share at the $7.65 per share that was assured and the Market used its own pricing for the remaining 26%. This is why Sprint traded in $7.10 to $7.18 after election. Now that the assured cash part is gone, all that's remaining is worth what the Market thinks. When you elected for stock, you said, I'll take the Market's valuation for 100% of my stock instead of Son's valuation for 74%. Hence the small fraction of people who elected stock (3%).

        Sentiment: Hold

    • Checked Fidelity for QUotes and I see New Sprint started trading on when-issued basis under SWD ticker. The price quote showed that it started at $6.00

      • 1 Reply to commonnonsense2
      • I've noticed over the years on Yahoo that WD's don't show up right away... I saw a quote on the WSJ and on Fidelity... Sprint WI is among the leaders in volume today and is still at 6.10.... I wonder what will happen when all that new stock hits the accounts or the cash from the buyout... Will people use their cash to buy back??? or sell the new stock...You really kind of wonder what will happen now since the only true value of a company outside of takeover is your return which includes dividends which Sprint used to pay when it was mostly a utility type landline and LD company..

 
S
5.11+0.01(+0.20%)Apr 17 4:03 PMEDT