I am very concerned that Berkshire Hathaway does not care about its shareholders.
In order to increase shareholder value, I propose to do the following:
1) Rename Berkshire Hathaway to berkshirehathaway.com. This will hopefully increase premium to our equity value
2) Conduct eleven consecutive 2:1 stock splits. Each split is expected to increase adjusted share price by 10%, resulting in roughly 3.1 TIMES increase in shareholder value. It is far more effective, shareholder-value-wise, to do ten splits than just one 1000:1 split, despite the associated costs.
3) Use WEB's influence to rename all Berkshire holdings to, CEICO.com, COCACOLA.com, FreddieMac.com. This will immediately increase the prices of securities owned by BRK, and will enhance further the valuation of BRK, in addition to 1)
4) Instead of spending much time pondering about abstract and hard to understand issues like business analysis, Warren Buffett should spend hours every day on conference calls with analysts, to increase "institutional coverage" and "positive feelings".
5) Instead of wasting cash on buying boring shoe and chocolate companies, Berhkshire should instead announce stock repurchase program and buy stock whenever stock price goes down. That will no doubt create "price support" for the stock, which will further attract shareholders like kancer2, vontzen, and others, creating a virtuous cycle of ever-increasing shareholder value due to "momentum investors".
6) Dramatically increase the fees paid to investment bankers, in hopes of receiving "strong buy" ratings from analysts. We are certain that all previous steps will reinforce the analysts conviction of pro-shareholder orientation of BRK, and will impart a sense of certainty into analysts and investors.
Any thoughts? I think that there is real money to be made!!!