Mon, Dec 29, 2014, 6:04 AM EST - U.S. Markets open in 3 hrs 26 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Rentrak Corporation Message Board

  • litespeedvb1 litespeedvb1 Feb 8, 2007 10:56 AM Flag

    RENT finally falling

    I like ashby think this will fall to 13

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • You obviously do not know what RENT has.

      • 1 Reply to hitttanerv
      • Hmmmm. Let�s see. It started as a PPT business. Then it diversified: video retail stores, sports clothing stores, online fulfillment. Everything failed, except the PPT business. As I recall, Paul was so excited about the online fulfillment, that his pitch was that we would sell off everything (including PPT, which had no future) and take the fulfillment company public and we�d all get rich (good thing that didn�t happen). Now we have a PPT business and a data reporting business (PPT, AMI). PPT is worth 88% of the revenue stream; AMI is worth 12%, of which DRS (another name for PPT) is worth 60% of the AMI revenue stream. Of the remaining 40%, box office is worth 90% (leaving 10% of the 40% to VOD and zero revenue for the ongoing retail essentials opportunity). So what I think is that we still have a PPT business, with a lot of hype about the potential of AMI and all of the big name companies that have signed up and are providing the company with very little or no revenue. Go figure. Maybe this company is stuck in a constant loop�. and one day soon the Emperor will find out that he has no clothes.

 
RENT
77.03+1.05(+1.38%)Dec 26 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Virgin America Inc.
NASDAQFri, Dec 26, 2014 4:00 PM EST
V.F. Corporation
NYSEFri, Dec 26, 2014 4:02 PM EST
58.com Inc.
NYSEFri, Dec 26, 2014 4:02 PM EST