Normal business management:
1. Identify target market for product
2. Determine market life cycle for product
3. If return is good, market product for positive net return
Vertex Management Approach
1. Identify target market
2. Ignore market life cycle
3. Don't worry (and hope the market is not paying attention) that we spent more on R&D and Sales than we brought in on Incivek - let's give ourselves another round of options and lay off 400 people.
4. Oh... and all those "results" you were expecting second half of 2013... yeah let's push the whole schedule out to next year because... well, we are going to be on vacation enjoying our payday.
These guys are about as good as government workers..