Yahoo just swallowed my first reply - once again in short form:
stock is down in after hours and will be down even more tomorrow because of:
- only a modest earnings beat compared to last quarter
- outlook just slightly above estimates
- Barrons recently featured a JP Morgan note expecting guidance for sequential revenue growth
which now didn't hapen
- in q&a company guided for gross margins to come down to the low 50s in the second half of the year
- customer concentration - revenues outside Samsung and Apple are just 12% of the total - actually they are just replacing Apple with Samsung currently.
With the stock at multi-month highs investors will take profits tomorrow given the muted revenue and gross margin outlook - there's nothing really wrong here but expectation obviously had gotten ahead of itself going into the release.
Stock might dip into the 13s tomorrow at some time.
Traders who don't know what they are doing most likely. The big houses haven't dumped. It's all ARCA at the moment. Galaxy S4s are a high margin product and will continue to sell at high rates. This thing is a long term winner. Let traders lose their money on day trading. 20 cents. Are you kidding me? That's huge!!