Put the brakes on, my esteemed fellow investors.
- 90 percent of the CC was about a dubious timeline of: "FCSC ongoing collaborative research pipeline, and product development with universities.
Is this what you signed on for?
They need: *** sale$, revenue$ and profit$$ to remain a viable busine$$ concern to stay solvent to avoid BK folks**.
- There will be NO REVENUES for the remainder of 2012 because product is being promoted -- free to all physicians?
- $500,000,000 - projected revenue by CEO is fine; BUT -- wait a minute -- what's track record of forecasting for this FCSC- laviv-mgmt team??
Are you folks so gullible -- not to ask the tough questions?
- Are you -- so easily pleased -- with the refinancing plan??? I am still -- "foncused" -- CONFUSED, if you will, after going over it 3 times. There are still out in the woods on that account, and they are on the clock, eh? Time's running out...
- The only legitimate question was from the first analyst whose questions received very shoddy answers. Give it another listen folks.
- The second caller was an obvious "plant"; who did not ask a single question, but went on and on, like a Laviv -- suck up "infomercial" tirade... please...
And of course you had two other FCSC-shareholders calling out CEO and FCSC-mgmt team for their lousy job.
QUESTION: Is this what you "investors" decide to bet your hard earned capital on. Fine: but just don't bet the farm 'cause $500,000,000 in revenue is "pie in the sky".
Note: Biopsies: 189 1st qtr: Forecast for 2012: -- 486 - 2nd qtr; 1267 -- 3rd qtr; and 2689 4th qtr.... Totl: 4631.
- What are the chances given "the track record of the shoddy job of forecasting by this mgmt team"; that this 2012 forecast will be accurate???
I will wait to see, but wont be holding me breath.
The current FCSC bounce can be deemed: "Irrational Exuberance"!
Investors should be very unsettled by that CC...
Winduken: "Apparently not a very good number guy, are you? Btw, it's "pore", not "pour", unless it's a Freudian slip of whatever bottle you were drowning in."
- Well, your obsessive preoccupation with "small beer" -- trifles, if you will -- amid the exchange of ideas, reveals so much about your lack of gravitas, mon ami.
Furthermore, you can go ahead with your feeble attempt to move the "goal post". Folks can watch you go through all the gyrations to parse words over: whether the forecasted numbers were soft or, hard boiled -- real or imagined.
However, all of the information is out there for folks to listen, read for themselves, and run the numbers.
You can put your boots in the oven, but that wont make 'em biscuits.
Folks, I don't want to seem like a basher.
But someone has to step up and ask the "tough questions".
If you've listened to the CC, you should know by now that the numbers don't add up.
- What happened to the "projected 5000 laviv procedures" within the first year following FDA-approval?
- The most recent -- revised projection -- shows that the numbers will fall (-60 percent), short of last summer's lofty forecast.
- The numbers from Monday's CC reveals that they will barely make 2000 procedures; if the second quarter projection holds true to form at 1267 procedures. Please don't hold your breath on that promise.
They aren't even going to make 5000 procedures in 18 months.
I am somewhat of a finicky, numbers type guy, and take copious notes when I listen to CC's and pour over all filings to see if the "Big Picture" stand the reality test.
I don't want to bore you with excessive detail, so I will hold back on throwing out too much stuff that I gleaned from the CC. You should kick the tires too!
Many of you were selectively listening and came away only with "stuff" you wanted to hear. However, a major part of DD is: to listen actively, take notes and challenge "conventional thinking". You've got make it an intellectual exercise.
You can't be passive or, your will be carried out like cattle exiting the slaughter house.
"What happened to the "projected 5000 laviv procedures" within the first year following FDA-approval?...
They aren't even going to make 5000 procedures in 18 months."
From the July 11 Investor Presentation: "First 18 Months: Launch in 5 -10 high concentration MSAs, Select 100 -200 high volume aesthetic derm practices, Potential to treat up to 5,000 patients".
Today: Launch all over the country, More than 600 doctors trained and projected 1000 by year end and more than 4500 patients projected to be treated by end of 2012 (ie, 18 months from approval).
Even if multiple doctors may be from the same practice, the numbers above meant they exceeded expectation. It would not be a surprise that they could exceed the number of treated patients too.
"I am somewhat of a finicky, numbers type guy, and take copious notes when I listen to CC's and pour over all filings to see if the "Big Picture" stand the reality test. "
Apparently not a very good number guy, are you? Btw, it's "pore", not "pour", unless it's a Freudian slip of whatever bottle you were drowning in.
"90 percent of the CC was about a dubious timeline of: FCSC ongoing collaborative research pipeline, and product development with universities."
Is this statement technically correct? I've just listened to the conference call and I think this claim, at least to me, is a significant overstatement. The majority of the conference call was the Q and A session at the end (perhaps 40%), while the collaborative research, contemporary results with the laViv product in the marketplace and financing issues had an approximately balanced time allocation, perhaps with financing having a somewhat smaller amount of discussion time. I apologize if this post is overly pedantic for the members of this forum. I have been quite interested of late in the posts from this contributor, but I am disappointed by what appears to be, at least to me, a hyperbolic statement not significantly correlated with easily obtained empirical data. -Steve
Oops, I am surprised you at your response:
"The majority of the conference call was the Q and A session at the end (perhaps 40%)"
Please, go back and listen to the CC again, pal. The only questioner of significance at that CC was the first caller, who sounded like a legitimate analyst, asking real tough questions.
The second dude was an obvious sycophant, bent on ingratiating himself to the CEO -- an obvious "soft-balling plant", spewing BS.
The other two callers were just frustrated share-holders, mired in the depths of this failed investment idea -- down over -80 percent since FDA approval of laviv.
What about "the facts" that you find difficult to comprehend, Mssr?
Spliffy, why do you waste so much of your precious time dwelling on FCSC my Botox loving Allergan shill?
I really am worried about you mon ami. And you can get carcinomas from smoking too much pot mon ami. Ywall gots ta quit smokin that wacky toobacky mon ami or ywall likely to get the lung cancer and die. Boy ... that would be a loss, huh? LMAO!
Smoke a bowl for me mon ami.
You do need to improve your listening skills.
When you heard "500,000,000 - projected revenue by CEO is fine; BUT --... ", you confused Market Cap with Revenue.
You are a low quality basher. Always have been.
Spliffy doesn't listen too well after smoking a blunt. His selective listening skills are very good, wouldn't you agree?
When one hears market cap and confuses that with revenue, well, it's time to put down the blunt and crash. Maybe watch some Stooges until the stoning stops and one is more coherent. That way you can come back to the message board and not embarass yourself with some real factoids instead of what you thought you heard.
Don't bogart that joint son....
Love ya stoner
Of course my post is not intended for the "likes of you and your ilk".
Your "sobriquet" -- making cash -- is a "dead give away" that you are a "plant", or an "FCSC-insider-shill"; tactically placed on this message board to "stir-up enthusiasm", for the sole purpose to "drive cattle" to the "investing slaughter".
Penny traders and bottom feeders are enjoying a field day, and are the only ones raking in the "kaysh", pal.
You've got to love the "feeding frenzy", that will go on for the next few days. Only the folks who go long will be left with the perennial: "sack o' dung"...