Summer is slowing down and I am getting on top of the demo / clean-up of some property that I bought this spring so I should have a little more time for an informal stock contest. Everyone is invited to join. If you are not interested please disregard these posts marked OT. It is a good way to share some investment ideas and pass the time between earning reports. Feel free to pass the word along to some of the other message boards to which people may have migrated. Here are some rules and details:
- Pick any three stocks before the open of the market on Monday 9/23/13 by replying to this post with the symbols..
- They must be listed with no dotPK or dotOBs. I do invest in these, but for the sake of the contest will be excluded.
- No funds. I also invest in these but this is a stock picking contest and not a fund, market timing or asset allocation contest.
- More than one person is allowed to pick the same stock.
- The winner will have the highest combined return after approximately three months or in this case after the close on Friday 12/20/13.
- Dividends are included. If your stock gets one, please let me know in case I might miss it.
- This is a friendly contest with the grand prize of bragging rights as the grand stock contest winner. Don't get on folks because of their picks or results. I have done great in the contest many times while my actual portfolio lagged and visa versa.
- I will try to give result updates every week or two as things progress.
Well, if you are interested, please reply to this post with three stock symbols. If you care to, you can give a short reasoning for each of your picks.
Good luck to all!!
I agree with all of you. I have been busy too so I wasn't disappointed there were no takers. I also agree that there is not too much that is cheap. To b_fr_nk past contest comments, most of what I have been buying lately has been OTC. I can't build much of a position on these but don't see much else that is cheap. Lets try again in a couple of weeks or so. I will do a better job of advertising.
I completely forgot about the contest. I'm in the same camp as b_fr_nk however. I can't find much that appears undervalued lately There's just nothing out there I feel comfortable about over the short term. MCZ "could" quickly double or triple from today's 85 cents with the proper news announcement.