Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Prosperity Bancshares Inc. Message Board

  • crdurbin1 crdurbin1 Jul 17, 2002 11:54 PM Flag

    An Alive Investor

    Just to let anyone reading this know...I just went long PB (I'm new to the stock) and am interested in any discussion on this so-called discussion board...wow, this place is dead...PB looks like an unbelievable value play to me, especially with the dollar tanking...any thoughts?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • You picked a great time to buy but the reason it is so low is that latin currencies have tanked more than the $$. Hopfully they start to gain against the dollar from here

      • 1 Reply to gregofuse
      • Does currency really play that large a role? At the risk of sounding totally ignorant, I would say that it does not. I mean, sure, it plays a role, but I don't think that it's enough to justify the kind of drop we've seen in the stock price. After all, PB deals in soda, not automobiles or other high-priced commodities. So what if the cost of a Coke goes up a few pennies or "centavos," people will still buy, maybe not as much, but they'll buy. Is a potential dip in sales enough to justify the fact that PB has shed more than a quarter of its value since I bought 2 or 3 months ago. I don't think so.

        Please educate me if I'm wrong.

        THANKS

    • I think you are right, in a sense. This is the lowest this stock has been in a while and if you buy at the current price, you could make a nice gain by waiting for a rebound, sometime later this year or early in 03. A weakened dollar will help, and so will the expansion in Brazil, where there is plenty of room for PB to grow.

      I say hold until you are pretty sure there is support for the current price, then buy. Keep an eye on Brazil too.

      Personally, I'm disappointed in PB. I bought in at $18 thinking the company was poised for very good things, given the drastic changes in management that Cooling had put in motion. So far those changes have not yielded full results. I guess things take time. I'll give PB 1 or 2 more quarters to see what they do. If they don't turn things around, I'll sell on any sign of strength.

      Like I said, wait to see if it bottoms out and when it does buy! This is a pretty good deal at current price. PB will easily be up to 15 or 16 soon.

      Good luck to you.

 
PB
55.49-1.56(-2.73%)Jul 7 4:03 PMEDT