Sun, Mar 1, 2015, 12:35 PM EST - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Prosperity Bancshares Inc. Message Board

  • crdurbin1 crdurbin1 Jul 17, 2002 11:54 PM Flag

    An Alive Investor

    Just to let anyone reading this know...I just went long PB (I'm new to the stock) and am interested in any discussion on this so-called discussion, this place is dead...PB looks like an unbelievable value play to me, especially with the dollar tanking...any thoughts?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • You picked a great time to buy but the reason it is so low is that latin currencies have tanked more than the $$. Hopfully they start to gain against the dollar from here

      • 1 Reply to gregofuse
      • Does currency really play that large a role? At the risk of sounding totally ignorant, I would say that it does not. I mean, sure, it plays a role, but I don't think that it's enough to justify the kind of drop we've seen in the stock price. After all, PB deals in soda, not automobiles or other high-priced commodities. So what if the cost of a Coke goes up a few pennies or "centavos," people will still buy, maybe not as much, but they'll buy. Is a potential dip in sales enough to justify the fact that PB has shed more than a quarter of its value since I bought 2 or 3 months ago. I don't think so.

        Please educate me if I'm wrong.


    • I think you are right, in a sense. This is the lowest this stock has been in a while and if you buy at the current price, you could make a nice gain by waiting for a rebound, sometime later this year or early in 03. A weakened dollar will help, and so will the expansion in Brazil, where there is plenty of room for PB to grow.

      I say hold until you are pretty sure there is support for the current price, then buy. Keep an eye on Brazil too.

      Personally, I'm disappointed in PB. I bought in at $18 thinking the company was poised for very good things, given the drastic changes in management that Cooling had put in motion. So far those changes have not yielded full results. I guess things take time. I'll give PB 1 or 2 more quarters to see what they do. If they don't turn things around, I'll sell on any sign of strength.

      Like I said, wait to see if it bottoms out and when it does buy! This is a pretty good deal at current price. PB will easily be up to 15 or 16 soon.

      Good luck to you.

51.73-0.49(-0.94%)Feb 27 4:06 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.