Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Direxion Daily Small Cap Bear 3X ETF Message Board

  • lusob09@ymail.com lusob09 Dec 27, 2012 1:19 PM Flag

    I give up: Not Enough Fear, Not Enough Selling Volume: Lost $552.71, Going Long

    My hedge could not hack it. TZA could never reach $15.10. How pathetic, so much for sheer panic.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Patience...this train ride just started. Next week is when it will "wow" people watching the TZA ticker scroll by the TV screen. I was impressed seeing the number of TZA calls for January 2013 with strike prices going into the mid twenties. I'd be happy with this ETF hitting $17 (got in yesterday at $13.75).

      Sentiment: Buy

      • 2 Replies to kupi23
      • Not even trading this. Churn will kill you. Wait until next year.

      • lusob09@ymail.com lusob09 Dec 27, 2012 2:06 PM Flag

        Make sure you lock in your profit. My mistake was not taking the profit when I had it on the 1st day because I was too greedy looking to make a killing on the Fiscal Cliff. The market rallied after 12/17. Even as SPY dropped 2 pts from where I bought it the decay and expense is too big to overcome. SPY would have to drop 3 pts or 139 to make money from my trade that I bought 10 days ago.

        Look at the selling volume its pathetic - its below average, even the Vix is too low at 20.42. I think Congress makes a decision before the day ends, tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I can't see the Republicans risking their careers pushing the country over the edge or dragging it till Monday.

        Better stick to buying TNA on dips: better probabilty, more profitable and easier to make money.

        Sentiment: Strong Sell

 
TZA
9.691-0.021(-0.22%)Apr 24 4:00 PMEDT