Call me cynical, but it wouldn't surprise me if the deal waits until Dec calls expire so that some big player can capture that money. I have added a few Jan calls and am now trading the stock on the pullbacks and bumps. Leaving core position alone in case we do get the big move we all hope for, but been disappointed too many times to bet the farm here.
Don't feel bad, I have made several wrong calls on this one too and I'm sure we are not alone. It has been the most difficult stock I've ever had to try to figure out. I was really counting on the closing before the end of the year, but have pretty much given up on that scenario. I keep averaging down as it falls. I think they must be having a tough time getting the prices they want or else it would have been a done deal by now. Still expect to do very well regardless of what happens or when. Merry Christmas and good luck to all.
It has been hard waiting. It's been made harder that it has been a thoroughly dismal MLP market and the daily Fiscal Cliff soap opera.. I own WPZ MWE and NGLS. They've been clobbered with weal NGL prices and several secondaries some of which were used to build infrastructure in Ohio Utica.
No news is no news. Walker and Houser were adamant there would be a YE closing. One of the analysts asked how soon they needed to announce a deal with 51 days left and one of them said they could use all 51 days. Starting to look that way.
Whatever the timeline, land price is NOT at all a problem. See any deals going off at firessale prices? See anyone desperate to LEAVE Utica?
I'm still OK with it. Was wrong on my timeline, but I know we have a valuable asset that others want.