1) Westport has joined with Volvo and Mack to make a 13-liter HPDI engine that will run on LNG using HPDI 2.0 technology, expected in 2014-2015.
2) All four major truck manufacturers are using the ISX12-G engine this year. The 9L (ISL-G) has been in production for several years for smaller trucks. Westport discontinued its 15L, so the 12 L is their product for larger trucks for now. Cummins is going it alone in producing a 15L natural gas spark-ignited.
3) From January to September of 2013, 3,175 CNG engines were installed at the factory in Classes 4-8 vehicles, and 1,645 propane-powered engines were installed in Class 7s. (Source: IHS Automotive).
4) 10,000 ISX 12-G engines are expected to be sold in 2014.
5) New truck sales fell year over year for every month January through August of 2013. Finally, the trend reversed and sales have grown year over year for September through November. the rate of growth of Class 8 sales slowed slightly in November. Production over the year was cut by more than the drop in sales in attempt by mfgs to cut inventory. Used truck prices rising as result.