it went to 2.71. Jesus H Christ, i was almost out of the siri game. a friend of mine said i was very lucky someone didnt buy my shares for 2.69. we are up 2 cents in a/h so far. i guess old eddie was right, he said buy all day today, and the market ended up flat. he was buing crap when it was 300 points down, and im sure he made lots of dough for his clients. good old eddie, lucky again. im dropping my sell order to 2.60. i just cant find it in myself to give up on this. from what i understand the big funds started to buy like crazy when the dow was 200 points down. smart money loves bargains.
and the shorties with good timing made a bundle today.
what a day
dude im not a trader or a broker but i know a few, and one of them has said to buy into the market now, that although there will be crazy days like today, he thinks that this is close to the bottom and buy blue chips, and funds. he said to stay far away from siri. so sad
ok so here is what i think , use to be a stockbroker in NY and what bushman told you about limit orders is true, when they see all that stock coming out to sell, they drop the price big time so as to pay little for your shares then bring it back up again. The market is crappy right now thats why big $$$ going into funds for fear of this credit crunch. SIRI NEEDS MERGER NEWS or else they will take hits like today and it will keep going down, look at the volume - 45 million and mostly sells. Tomorrow SIRI will hit a new low and between 2.55-2.65...we'll see..there is nothing to hold it up anylonger...what you think hun?
hi jkz how are you? im good just chatting. and i dont give advise unless i here from someone who knows stuff, and that wouldnt be me. im just a long for the ride. what do youthink for tomorrow?
Jen, you got lucky girl! The MMs see your order and they will often drive the price down just to take your shares only to move it back up immediately. I never use sell limit orders cuz this has occured to me more than once. They will burn you and you will learn not to do this ever again. It got close today but the buying at the EOD saved you from getting screwed. Never show them your 'cards' if you plan on selling...just do it!
Don't worry Sirus will be just fine. Stay in the game and you will be rewarded down the road. Trust me on this one. In fact you should buy some more shares here at these sale prices. I will talk to you later.
hi big bro!!! where have you been. that freaken pump stump devildtails questiond my long loyalty today!!! why werent you there to protect me. im so mad at you!
no i still love you.
Close one eh Jen? But what do you care being a millionaire! I still can't get over that, as my x took some cash from me also. LOL All in a day's work, now stop worrying, and go get your nails done. Everything will be OK.
I WILL BUY ALL OF YOUR SHARES JUST TO SHUT YOU UP!
just kidding reefs, i like your posts, filled with angst, and drama! also for those interested she jabs at sec and s50 with very witty funny remarks.
good luck kid
hey 515 i know, i dont know what i will do when im out of this. honestly? i get up and check my boards. i go to the gym the barn, i come home and check my boards. i go to lunch come home and check these boards! im such a freak!
la la la di da
i dont care. i like it.
Honestly, and imo, the only reason you want to hold SIRI right now is b/c of the merger potential! That's not to say it isn't worth a lot more than $2.70+, even with a negative book-value and lots of shares floating...but it is to say that in this type of "credit-crunch" fear-based Market, stocks with lots of debt....and barely enough operating capital...are the stocks that will take a good hit!
I am holding here...even being under-water with my average, BECAUSE of the merger potential; I personally feel you could get Sirius a lot lower...if the merger doesn't go through...and the over-all broad Market worsens; You broker-friend wasn't all-that-far-off in his assessment of Sirius-the-Stock....but I'm banking he miscalculated on a combined Sirius-XM! Of course, if you can withstand another $.75-cent loss...then "do-it" imo, b/c Sirius will be worth a lot more in 2008, and going forward; I don't base that on "hope or wishing" but I base it on subscriber growth, revenue growth, lowered cost to acquire subscribers...EOM growth...and management's personal stake in this Co.; I also believe there is a "plan-B" in case the merger doesn't go through....
All imo....often wrong...and sometimes right....but I'm holding until I hear something about the merger; I will say, if you are savvy enough...trade-the-day....selling today in the $2.80's to buy in the mid-$2.70's, could have saved you some change.....but this strategy is only good for the day...b/c over-night, you could easily get merger news!