% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

công ty Questcor Pharmaceuticals Message Board

  • krakken26 krakken26 Oct 1, 2013 1:26 PM Flag

    adding more qcor/affy

    Am looking to add more to QCOR and AFFY just trying to figure out when is the best time to get add to both of these positions. My time frame to hold both is about 15 months. Any advice?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I know I'll get criticized for saying this but I am thinking of reducing my affy holdings as I've lost way too much for my liking. However I am continuing to add to my qcor position via call options.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • With a 15 month window BOTH make sense to buy right now, though they have very different potential outcomes. Affy, as you probably know, is BINARY...It will pay off huge or go under (highly unlikely in my opinion, but it has to be considered a possibility)...WHEN (if) Omontys is returned to market 10X or more is likely in the buyout. The good news on Affy is that they have a comfortable balance sheet with all but contingent (legal) liabilities paid off and an extremely low burn rate. By my last calculation this amounted to YEARS of waiting time and the results of the investigation WILL CERTAINLY NOT TAKE YEARS!!!

      Q is both a STRATEGIC AND CASH MACHINE!!! 15 months from now it should easily be well over $100 and probably closer to $150-$200 just on current trajectory and a more rational P/E ratio.

      • 1 Reply to maxdad007prime
      • Thanks for the advice, yeah its a tough one. I see the potential in AFFY but I also feel most confident in QCOR to keep its momentum upward. A true risk vs reward scenario. Obviously AFFY is the riskier investment at this point in time compared to QCOR. I know with Q3 coming results coming out soon QCOR is likely to jump in price yet again ( a good thing). hehe. With my window of 15 months and i could even go till end of Q1 2015.

        Also not sure how the government fiasco is going to play out, as well as rumors of QCOR buyout in the 70's range. Profit is profit but I would be sad to see QCOR go that cheap given its history and future potential.

        While i already have a small position in AFFY I suppose I am confused as to catalysts for the PPS of 10X if/when it should return. We all know with QCOR that it has multiple indications for which Acthar is being sold for and the company is exploring the potential of its use in other indications. I try to keep up with all the news and postings so forgive me if some of this you or others have already explained. Working full-time and being a full-time student limits my hours of research, but I am trying.

    • jsjcoley Oct 1, 2013 1:45 PM Flag

      I'm adding more QCOR at the moment. But will drop everything I've bought after earnings. And then maybe buy a little more AFFY.