Apple has more than $76B cash on hand and I don't think it's a bad idea to acquire IDCC with $6B cash. In this case, Google will become hopeless with it's partners in smartphone field.It'll be very interesting to see how the thing goes in the next couple of months. But I personally think that Google will go for it no matter what price is. It can not afford another wireless IP loss.At this moment, I still keep half of my Idcc holding. I sold half of them this afternoon to help J, but the price kept going up. What a waste!
Pfchang, the prudence vs. the big score dichotomy is always with us. Half might be a bit too much, but the basic concept is sound. I'm wrestling with the proportion tonight, myself.How many times have we seen IDCC slide off a new high and it goes far below what we could ever have imagined. When it was $58.64, who could have imagined it would reach $35, and yet it did.I think we will see IDCC in the $70s, but I would never criticize a long term holder for cashing out all, or a portion, of his holdings in the $50s. After all, no one goes broke taking a profit.
No one ever goes broke taking a profit. But if you sell at 50 and it goes to 75, it still feels like it.