I think both Nokia an IDCC has told the CAFC to hold the decirion in lieu of a buyout by Nokia/MSFT. Why put out a decision that will hold no relevanceto Nokia if it buys out IDCC? In fact if IDCC won that might ensure a higher bid for IDCC.
I would be shocked if NOK bought IDCC. They are a minor player. IF the other companies let them take IDCC, it is a mistake. Apple, Goog, and Samsung, maybe MSFT and QCOM have more resources and the advantage will be better for the stronger companies. Why does a dying company need patent protection?
I think there is no excuse for waiting this long for a decision. Maybe we should contact them to see if they are awake.