I wanna know how much progress Barclays and Evercore are getting done everyday. Are they working 10 hour days, working Saturdays? Are the bankers holding meetings at IDCC headquarters or are they flying out to the headquarters of Apple, Google, Intel, etc...where are these meetings being HELD?
I'd imagine the major IDCC shareholders will get impatient around Christmas time and demand IDCC BOD to sell for around $6 billion...obviously we would like $200 a share, but if it takes another 6 months or year to look at all the patents to justify $200, then I don't think people are going to want to wait...I'm assuming buyers have had enough time to look at all the 4G/LTE and most of the 3G patents by now...
definitely worth the wait. Considering the volatility of the markets...we may have reached a PPS base and from here its a gradual tick up..as funds start coming in to make their big payoff for the year. I know its bad for those with options....I'm in a DEEP HOLE with Margin, thanks to the PLUNGE that DR started, deliberately, and me thinking "any day now", even though I had a gut feeling with so many patents I didn't see how it could be done. Now it seems I wasn't a dummy on that subject. But from our news on PAULSON, and the recent PPS action..each day this goes up I get farther away from a Margin Call. "WHEW". Those with Options maybe should start thinking about shares...at least a double...maybe a quadruple from here and all we have to do is wait. .Better than trying to play the markets.
looks like Nortel had only 4,000 patents, but 1,500 pending approval, maybe that's where they got the 6,000 number, in that case, take $750,000 multiply it by 19,000 IDCC patents and you get $14 billion, or $300 a share :)
FWIW...Nortel was a "package" not to grow any larger, but it set the baseline for price. IDCC is still generating patents, its value increasing, and its importance known from the calculations made by bidders for Nortel. If we are at the point of "let the bidding begin", and IDCC has a base price, and say "Google" came in late, it may be "sorry. Google, you snooze, you lose". Perhaps not every patent will need to be reviewed, but the value extrapolated. IDCC may have a "top figure" that they would consider fair, even if a 'full review" hasn't been made by all players. Once the bidding has begun, they can say.."you're not ready? Then you better start working 24/7 with no snack breaks." If one party comes in with a big offer, and IDCC considers it fair, realizes there is a limit to the price they can ask...then "maybe" this won't take as long. IDCC wants the best price but I don't think they want someone to "drag their heels" and hold up the process. Even if not all patents are reviewed, IDCC"s value may be realized by bidders, and it will be in the range IDCC can accept. And many that downplay IDCC's value may be shocked at the buy out price.