My mind has gone back and forth on this decision as I am a "cash is king" type of investor who is being asked to choose one or the other for the Y/E 2010 extra dividend.
I finally surprised myself and chose stock primarily for two reasons:
The NAV of AWP shares is 8.40 and the stock is selling for 7.04. Because of this discount from NAV, the stock is simply a better value by about 16%.
Now, stocks fluctuate, and I may be sorry at some point that I did this.
But AWP originally went public @ 20/ share and placed investments in about 80 countries when I last looked. So AWP's future stock price is dependant on the outlook for the real estate involved with those investments, NOT on the outlook for interest rates. Most RE income funds are heavily interest rate dependant.
As I think interest rates have nowhere to go but up as the global economy recovers, that did it for me.
I was wondering if that post as just a figment of my imagination....I mean I could see it on *my* PC, but then I wrote it.....was kinda surprised not a single soul responded to it. Maybe I needed a catchier title?
And to that guy who you responded to in this thread - who's your broker? You're the second guy I saw complaining yesterday on a MB that he never receives any info from his broker about his holdings. TDA sent me a link to the AWP report PDF file the second it became publicly available, which was yesterday morning.
how did you choose what to take? I have never received any info. from awp or bfds , the transfer agent. can you choose by email. the decision to choose is supposed to be in by next week, i believe. thanks for any info. you can give me.