I believe the prefered stock was always the
company matching to the 401K. Since it's another way of
following the RSH price employees need to figure this into
their asset allocation. You could transfer every bit of
RSH into a Putman fund and still have a piece of
RSH's future through the preferred stock. We are now
seeing the folly of having all of your eggs in one
basket. Especially if thay basket is consumer electronics
right now. Of course this would be a bad time to do the
transfer with the price so low. Just a thought ofr the
Just hung up with TANFUND admin, here's the
The perferred stock is not traded publicly. This
month's price is set by an outside company on the 3rd
business day of next month (i.e., July 6th the new price
will be posted for June numbers). The price is
determined using forecasts for both RSH, its sector(s), and
the entire market(s).
The general factor to
common stock price is 85 times, although my calculations
show wide ranges.
Your [vested] preferred stock
cannot be transferred to another investment source (like
you can w/ common stock or funds).
withdraw or rollover (to gain flexibility) the account, it
is an all-or-nothing deal, ie. no partial withdraws.
If you withdraw, all holdings are transferred except
preferred stock in 3-4 bus days. The preferred stock must
wait until the 3rd bus. day of the following month to
have the [this month's] price determined. You will
receive two separate transfers.
I realize this
only effects RS employees, so I apologize to other
investors for the lengthy message.
Good luck all.
How low is low......before confidence is lost -
We chnaged the name to RadioShack to earn more
confidence - so we could be better identified amonst the
investors.....well....it seems faith has gone by the
Everything is in cycles, and I stick by my thoughts - you
examine our balance sheet and we are VERY healthy. So who
did we piss off on Wall Street and who named them G-d
to determine the value of the
Until the day you are ready to cash out - WHO
CARES! It means you buy more and then when it goes back
up you go back up BIG TIME!
Patience is a
virtute - If you are in this for the short term then so
be it - Long term and you will win and win BIG!
Another more risky
strategy is naked PUTS but useful when trying to BUY
stocks "at a discount".
I don't suggest this for
RSH at this point!! But, if you thought RSH would be
a good buy at $35, you SELL a July $35 naked put,
currently sells for about $125 (or another month, further
out = more money).
You've now allowed someone
to 'make you buy 100 shrs at $35'.
stays above $35 thru 3rd Friday of July, you pocket
premium ($125), no one will 'make you buy it', and sell
it again for next monnth.
If it goes below,
you buy at $35 (less the $125), so you bought it at
This is nice if you were going to buy the stock at $35
You need to have your acct set to allow it, level 4
Oh yea, I never did thank you for the advice a
while back. I mentioned that I expected Tan (it was a
while back) to trade below 50 for the summer and you
mentioned if I believed that I should look into covered
calls. I did some reading and got my account set up for
them and it's looking good now. Just a toe in the
water but makeing money and learning at the same time,
can't beat that. I'm still long RSH, but it doesn't
hurt to make money both directions. Thanks again.
I'll make some $$ buying covered calls back. Now
just waiting for bottom.
This was great for
trading account, unfortunately doesn't help my
Hope we don't see 35 get broken, not much support
Unfortunatly your call for a spike to the mid
40's then a drop to the mid 30's seems right on. The
good news is that I'm buying more in the employee
plan. Hope you made a few bucks along the way. Take
I've been trading full-time for 18 months, doing
well, learning more everyday.
I'm using myTrack
for realtime feed, SierraChart for charting, custom
Excel sheets for risk/reward, quotes, arbitrage, and
target projections, also use bigEasyInvestor for end of
day screening. I own WOW but fees are much higher,
although they have a few indicators I'd like to use
I'd like to use CyberTrader (only one I know that
offers stop loss on options) but after talking with
them, their bandwidth requirement doesn't fit my area
(no DSL, cable, satellite too high, no Gilaf,
although iDSL avail - too high for 128k).
optimized for RSH, that's why I'm not using 30/70
RSH looks weak today also. If we break below 39
7/8... bad news for longs.