1. The company just raised capital, and traded down based on the terms of the transaction. Raising capital in the micro-cap biotech space is never easy but the companies typically rebound within a few weeks of the raise.
2. NeoStem reported in their published year end results (March 2012) that they do have offers for the sale of their China operation. This has been an overhang on the stock that on divestiture becomes a catalyst.
3. NeoStem announced that Baxter (BAX) has committed to utilizing their contract manufacturing company, Progenitor Cell Therapy (PCT) for their Cell Therapy Phase 3 product.
4. NeoStem’ s own cell therapy product, AMR-001 is very similar to Baxter’s product. Both are CD 34+ cells. As such Baxter confidence should represent some “proof of concept” for NeoStem’ s results.
5. The science in the competitive landscape is suggesting that autologous therapies do have certain strategic advantages cardiovascular indications.
6. NeoStem is an attractive acquisition candidate as the company has a Phase II asset, that while its autologous (your own cells) versus allogeneic (like pills in a bottle) it comes packages with PCT (its own manufacturing operation) with East Coast and West Coast manufacturing facilities
7. The clinical trial is progressing forward, on time, on schedule with data read-out by summer 2013.
8. PCT has a who’s who list of clients which include Baxter, Immunocellular, Coronado, Sangamo, PrimaBioMed and did the majority of the clinical manufacturing for Dendreon. PCT recently partnered with Islet BioScience receiving a royalty in exchange for discounted manufacturing.
9. Don’t forget PCT with a run rate of over 10 million in revenues. If PCT is selected by any of its current P3 clients to do commercial manufacturing in the future the revenue potential becomes significant.
10. Valuation: Compared to its peers its cheap. Adding in the divestiture of China and the stock is the deepest value play in the cell therapy space.
Reminton - you just summarized a whole lot of positives for NBS - thank-you - I posted a bunch of positives about six months ago and all I got in return was a bunch of negative bullsh"*t. This message board is full of shorts, many of them quite clownish, some of them likely living in vans down by the river running their computers off generators and eating turkey pot pies.
NBS will rocket when Chinese assets are divested - could be tomorrow and shorts will burn and sizzle
Robin has been getting paid in stock and a few directors took stock as pay increase - Robin suggested in interview with Seeking Alpha author that one possibility in the near future would be for NBS to buy back stock to lower share-count
Lip service for now but you gotta love a CEO being paid in stock!
You people own a micro-cap biotech company - what did you expect - no cash raises?, no cash burn? no phase 1 thru 3 but straight to approval? Why don't you invest your lunch money in grain futures or something?
You have just confirmed all the negative things I've ever said about you. I can't believe you posted a positive spin on a company that is on the edge of going belly up! Somehow, with a track record of never making a profit and volumes of negative data to substantiate why it's a $0.030 stock, you still think this DOG is a good investment.
Why do I even bother?
keep buying ACTC.PK LOL
Belly up? You are nothing more than a message board clown.. They have 15 million in cash, an asset for sale worth 30 - 40 million ( cash),
an amazing cellular therapy in phase II, and an all star advisory board and management team....
2013 is the year that NBS will finally make meaningful Headlines!
I just hope that I'm still around and don't have to ride NBS to the grave with me. Already had a close this past Jan...
not all companies are valued by EPS...
Ever hear of a term called " intellectual property" ?
If not, look it up....although it does require an "intellect" on your part to understand.. Might be asking too much.. :)