1. Strengthens share price
2. Increases institutional attraction and purchase ability, since it will be over $1/share
3. Scottrade investors, and I will assume other brokerages, will pay lower transaction costs on purchases
4. Lowers outstanding share count
5. Makes the company eligible for NASDAQ exchange
6. Opens the door to index funds that have share price requirement
7. Lowers volatility of the penny stock traders that play sub $1
There really aren't any. I say this because often companies RS to avoid delisting, this isn't the case here. Dr Smith is setting the company up for long term success, in my opinion.