Thu, Dec 25, 2014, 3:09 AM EST - U.S. Markets closed for Christmas

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Neostem, Inc. Message Board

  • posgost67 posgost67 Sep 16, 2013 12:08 PM Flag

    Scientific analysis of CADUCEUS trial: No relation to NBS whatsoever

    Very impressive. What shorts and Wall Street in general doesn't understand (unless they really do understand and are just shorting the stock to get out of a bad trade) is that it was a 17 patient proof of concept trial studying a completely different cell.
    They are looking at cardiosphere derived cells (CDC). They are MESENCHYMAL cells that are obtained by taking endocardiac (interior lining of the heart) biopsies, then they harvest those cells, culture them in media, and the cells that form spheres in culture (proliferating cells).

    NBS uses bone marrow derived HEMATOPOIETIC (not mesenchymal) stem cells through a CXCR4 gradient. These cells are obtained through the blood, and no cardiac biopsy needs to be performed.

    However, the data from the CADUCEUS trial is still very impressive. To see such significant differences in several parameters that have been directly correlated to deterioration of heart function in a study of only 17 patients is very impressive. In the data presented, a correlation appears to be forming already with heart function in the CDC transfused patients but not in the patients that did not receive stem cells. When this study gets expanded to phase III, I would be very surprised if they do not see an improvement in cardiac function.

    Also of note. This study is in no way bad news for NBS. If NBS has similar results this coming December, since both trials use different cells, I wouldn't be surprised if down the road, people combine both stem cell/progenitor cell therapies to maximize the heart tissue sparing effects of both treatments.

    The combo of Amorcyte with CDCs may have additive or even synergistic effects on preventing loss of ischemic heart tissue. The goal after any ischemic event (be it stroke or Myocardial infarction is minimizing scar/infarct volume and preservation of heart function.

    There is no way, and I repeat no way that in 5 years people with 10% more viable heart tissue won't have better heart function in general.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Good post. This was also only a six month study? hardly long enough for the full benefit of the stem cells to be realized. Very good news indeed. Too bad many chose to believe that misleading seeking alpha article. I suggest they read Brian Nichols articles before they take the word of a no name author with only 3 posts Lol.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • 1 Reply to ohmtaxi
      • My thing is everyone overlooked the biggest news.

        NBS just got the license for the patent for the UCSF technology for regulatory T cell therapy. This is from Jeff Bluestone's lab. The NIH of the west. He has over $100 million in NIH funding to study Tregs in disease. And NBS has the patent license.

        All I am saying is someone needed some cheap shares. This was not a correction. This was market manipulation to get the price as low as possible with the help of a hole shorts. The Treg technology (Athelos) alone can be worth billions. The CXCR4 technology (Amorcyte) can be worth billions. IMO 30% chance VSELs can be worth in the 10 billion range. 70% chance it can be worth not much more than my post here. Highest risk highest reward part of the company. But even so, not necessary for the success of the company

    • Good stuff!

    • A little ignorance is a dangerous thing. Thanks for halting the stampede . . .

    • I agree, the article was not bad for NBS or stemcells at all. Good post.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

 
NBS
3.27+0.02(+0.62%)Dec 24 1:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.