in the last few days arr seems to have good price strength, id like to buy more. is anybody who has held arr for the last 2 months, buyin at its current level? or should i wait for a pullback? i expected it to drop sum after the ex-date but it has held up pretty good. any opinions? im a rookie, so just looking for some insight to consider....
I am holding and collect the Divi.
I expect it to be safe till after the 2012 election.
I alsways watch the stock, but do not expect to make any moves till next summer.
Be carefull of opinions on this board (including mine). Lots of pumpers and basher out there. A few good posts.
Here is what I am planning to do. Which was initially posted from a prior thread “Is the dividend safe for now”:
I agree with Milk, but I wouldn’t quite call it a threat.
I am interested in the next secondary with respects to “NOT” losing any of the gains (6% +) I currently hold. My goal is to hopefully capture the June divy and then reevaluate whether or not I should sell to “also” capture my gains which is equivalent to about 4 months of divys. I hope ARR actually has one more good run into the upper $7’s near the $8 range like it hit in the begining of April, before I sell. Then, a secondary wouldn’t concern me a bit and give me a great buying opportunity with some of the houses money.
But who is “always” able to execute ones plan to perfection, certainly not me, yet sure would like it to turn out as I described. And if I miss time a sell before any future secondary, I am not too awfully concerned, as IMO rates will stay low for a while longer. But the spread does concern me a bit and as xxAvatar questions the unknown of the effect on earnings / divy.
Of course we all are taking a hit today and has me thinking maybe Hordes execution was the right one and my trying to capture a few more dimes may just prove me as trying to get too cute here.
Sentiment : Hold