I saw a big volume jump yesterday...and today, after a slow opening, the volume's returned...I suspect that whoever handled the B offering is now selling the paper, at a profit...They generally get the initial offering at a nice discount, and then turn it over quickly. So, I suspect this is the case...I just watch to see how low the price can go, as they sell more off of their inventory...and then later in the day, try to get a decent price. Yesterday 50k shares...uh huh....And in the end, hopefully, get a good cost avg price...and then hold for monthly cash flows. (the 'unloading' will cease at some point...but I'll take lower prices if they manufacture them....daily)
So you paid 4x more for 25% less dividend. So because you bought this you were willing to pay a lot for the peace of mind that ARR common stock will not fall below .043 cents per month. If ARR common were to reach .043 dividend per share it would pay the same 8% return as your preferred.
Ok, so you made a more conservative choice, but seems like you might as well have waited 9 months to see if ARR will approach a .043 dividend. Then, at that point the ARR-B would be lucrative.